Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Tristan’s POV

We spent the entire day talking about nothings. I didn’t ask anything about my inheritance or the fact that I was a wizard and he didn’t press anything further. We left the room just after lunch and walked about the garden. It was amazing.  Leon told me that the manor was actually owned by him, which he bought with his own money. When I asked him what he did for a living, he just said “Rocks” and nothing more.

We held hands as we walked through the trees, occasionally caught sight of some hares and birds. It was as if we were walking in a medieval forest or something. As if he read my mind, he said to me “It was barren when I first purchased the land. I had some landscapers came and designed the gardens, trees, flowers, everything. Then I bought some hares from the breeders and let them roam free. The birds,” he looked up. “They come on their own accord.”

I looked up and noticed there was a black bird perching on one of the branches. “Do crows come here too?” I asked. He turned to look at me. “No. Crows are one type of animals that’s not suitable to my core power,” he replied and looked up. He frowned at the bird and raised his hand as if trying to reach the bird. All of a sudden the bird cawed and struggled at something invisible and then it fell down to the ground hitting the soft grass.

Leon immediately went towards the bird and beckoned me to follow. I stopped next to him and looked down at the bird. Black liquid oozed out from its mouth. It shocked me.

“Someone sent a curse,” he said calmly. “If you were to touch one of these, you’ll be dead in 24 hours if not treated,” he added. “How’d I know if it’s not a regular crow?” I asked him, stepping back. Leon sat on his heels and leaned down. “See that red and golden markings along his head to his tail?” I nodded. “It’s a sign that it’s carrying a curse.”

I shivered as I looked away from the fallen bird and despite everything seemed so fantasy-like, I surprised myself for taking it well. I wasn’t a regular, normal human. My dad was but my mom wasn’t. From Leon’s story, it appeared that you needed to learn how to use magic and find your core. I couldn’t remember if mom had met someone like that.

I noticed there were lots of ponds with small bridges and some even had fishes swimming in it. “I hate to say it but I really need to be near waters to set my core to optimum. Which means I can’t stay at dry places like the desert for too long,” he mumbled as he walked next to me.  “That explains the ponds,” I said. “Doesn’t that make it a weakness?”

He caught my hand in his and slipped his fingers between mine. “Not quite. If the wizard is still in low-level, then yes. But I’m not. I can still use my power just like normal. It would just…be uncomfortable for me to use it,” he explained. I nodded my head.

“You still have questions,” he stated. I continued to look at the ground as we walked. “Am I…when can I leave?” I looked up and saw he looked confused.

“Leon, I have a job. I’m not sure what you’re planning to do and I’m sure you mean well but…” I trailed off before becoming quiet. “Do you like your friend, Kent?” he asked, no strain or jealousy in his voice. “Yes. As a friend of course. He’s my only friend who happens to be gay as well,” I explained. He nodded slowly.

“Tell me, what does your job do?” he asked and gripped my hand tighter. “Well, I work in IT but no programming and developing stuff. That’s what most people are wrong. I assist our clients regarding our systems and sometimes, yea, I do some programming but not for the company,” I explained. “For commissions?”

I nodded. “Can’t rely on the company’s salary only, you know,” I answered. “Hm…” he mumbled. “What?”

He turned to me and reached to tuck my hair behind my ear. “You know, we’re lacking some technology in my company since we do things mostly by…magic,” he started. I stared at him, mesmerized but confused as to where this was all going.

“I own a company specializes in selling rocks, like I told you. But rocks that become diamonds, quartz, emeralds and other gemstones. Also, bear in mind certain magic and potions require these stones to take effect. However, I am tired of doing the inventory manually and I’m hoping to have some modern technology to make our work easier,” he continued.

“Oh,” I said. “If you want me to build a syst—“

“And I want someone with IT background to work for us exclusively.”

“Oh,” I repeated but said nothing after that. Was he trying to offer me a job? He chuckled and kissed my cheeks. I noticed it by now that he liked to kiss me, whether it was on the lips or my cheeks or even my hands. “Yes, Tristan. I am offering you a job,” he said.

I felt my mouth gaped open but I could only breathe air. “I know I’m being selfish. I do this just so I could be close to you,” he said. “Of course, if you want you can ask your friend, Kent to join us as well. I’m sure you might need some help and a normal friend,” he added.

“Normal?”

“Everyone who works for me is not normal. They are either a wizard, like us or a fae and even pixies,” he said.

I was literally speechless and didn’t know what to think. I felt his hand around my waist and pulled me closer while his other hand was playing with my hair. “What say you?” our noses were touching and our lips brushed.

I scanned his eyes looking for any lies or fraud but I could not sense any. His eyes were honest. “Yes,” I answered simply and the corners of his lips turned upwards and kissed me full on the mouth. I moaned involuntarily and allowed his tongue to enter my mouth. After a few moments later, we both pulled away.

“I love you,” he said and kissed me firmly on my cheek. “I…I am attracted to you,” I confessed. He looked surprised for a while and smiled again. “Fair enough. I know you like me and I’m willing to wait,” he replied.

I smiled at that and embraced him.

88888888888888888888888888888

Leon helped me draft my resignation letter and reminded me to ask Kent if he wanted to come along. I told him I would tell him everything. To my surprise, he presented me with a new HTC One X+ and said he would be calling me from this phone and that he would be paying for the bills.

He drove me back to my apartment and I heard him mumbling about having me move out. I was unsure what to think of that. He kissed me goodbye and said he would call me tomorrow. I nodded and climbed out of his car and went to my apartment. My phone was dead that morning but I had no one who would try to contact me or anything. I proved myself wrong that when I came out of my shower, I had over 10 missed calls and messages from Kent. Apparently, he was sorry about last night and that he didn’t realize how strong the pill he took was. And he was asking me whether I was okay since I took an emergency leave today. I decided I was tired and will tell him everything tomorrow, apart from the fact I was a wizard, of course.

88888888888888888888888888888888

So sorry for the short chapter due to me concentrating on my other story [Bitter before Sweet]. I'm trying to update every week for both stories so please be patient with me! Hope you enjoyed so far! Thank you for reading!