Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Tristan’s POV

Leon and I went back to the dining room to eat our dinner. I was hesitant at first because of the prior sensation I felt from Rene and Saul. But when we went in, both of them were acting normal. Saul kept cooing and throwing compliments at Rene while the older man kept replying in annoyed tone. Though I noticed Rene’s face was kind of flushed due to his pale skin. I would rather not ask.

“Ah, Leon, Tristan! I was about to call both of you. I just finished reheating our meal, please sit down,” Rene turned his head at us when he heard us coming in.

Leon took my hand and led me to my sit. I sat down and immediately Rene came next to me. “This is Tomato-Basil Crostini for appetizer. This is Mushroom Stroganoff for the main course and Mashed Potato Gratin as a side dish. The dessert is Pear Pecan Tart which I’ll bring out after you finished your dinner,” he said as he plopped down a platter of two crostini and my stroganoff. “Thank you, Rene,” I said. He smiled at me and proceeded to set Leon’s dinner in front of him.

“Get your own plate, Saul,” he said that when passed Saul’s seat and walked to the kitchen to pick up his own plate. Saul was holding up his spoon and fork waiting when Rene said that. He groaned and went to the kitchen counter to pick up his own plate with a pout.

When everyone was at the table, I finished the appetizer and began to eat the stroganoff. “Oh!” I exclaimed. Rene quickly looked concerned. “Is it not to your liking?”

I shook my head. “I’ve never tasted a stroganoff this delicious before,” I exclaimed, surprising myself. Reve’s face melted into a warm smile. “I’m happy you find it delicious,” he said. I found Leon smiling at me and we continued to eat slowly.

“Saul, have you gotten the file from the Prevatt family?” Leon asked Saul who was gulping down his food like a beast. Rene was just glaring at him for his poor table etiquette. “Yup, it’s in here,” he said and pulled out a pendrive from his back pocket. Leon rolled his eyes. “Has it ever occurred to you that the drive might have been damaged from our previous attack just now?”

Saul smiled. “You trust me,” he said and passed his empty plate to Rene who frowned in surprise. “Dear Rene, I would like to have a second serving please,” he said with a grin. Rene grabbed the plate and got up to walk to the kitchen.

As he turned around, Saul squeezed Rene’s butt and that made me coughed in surprise.

“SAUL!” both Rene and Leon shouted at him. Rene smacked him on the head and earned a pitiful ‘owww’ from the younger man. “Sorry about that, Tristan. Can’t help it,” Saul smirked at me and apologized. I just nodded my head and hid a grin. He was lively indeed.

Rene came back and slammed Saul’s plate in front of him. “You’re sleeping outside,” he muttered under his breath. Saul’s smile changed into a frown as if he knew his mistake, he continued eating slowly with a pout.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

“Here’s the towel,” Leon passed me a white towel. “I’ll try to find a shirt for you to wear. Go and shower first,” he said and disappeared into the closet. I turned and went towards the adjoined bathroom and opened it. It was massive.

The tiles were marbles and there were living trees inside it. The mirror occupied the walls except the tub and shower area. The bathroom was seven times the size of my own bathroom in my apartment. I took off my clothes one by own and folded them neatly on the counter.