Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Tristan’s POV

After I handed in my resignation to my boss first thing in the morning and he took it with a heavy heart but understood I needed to leave to experience more things. Thank God.

I walked to my desk and since Kent’s was next to mine I saw him already sitting at his desk. “Morning, Kent,” I said. His shoulder jumped out of surprise and turned to look at me. He frowned and a look of guilt quickly replaced it.

“I’m so sorry for the other night, Tristan,” he said. I shook my head and waved him off. “It’s alright. It was a crazy night. Glad you could take me out for my birthday, anyway,” I said honestly and smiled. He smiled too and was about to say something but I cut him off. “By the way, I just handed in my resignation this morning.”

He looked confused and upset at the same time. “What? Why?” he asked, dragging his chair closer to mine. I sighed, trying to form the words. “Was it because of the guy last night?”

I shot him a look. “You knew?”

“I saw you followed him back before someone…took me home. Anyway, did he do anything to you? Are you hurt? Did h—“

“Kent!” I exclaimed in a lower voice. “No. He didn’t do anything bad. But the story is like this. We both knew each other when we were little but never contacted each other after that. We kind of just met again and things go from there,” I explained, leaving out the wizardry stuff. “Then, what’s he got to do with you resigning?” he asked.

“The thing is, he owns this something like rock polishing company or something and they need someone with IT background to ease their job, like creating a system or something and he offered me a job when I told him I work in IT,” I said again. He looked suspicious but nodded. “And he told me I can ask someone to work with them too,” I eyed him, waiting for his reaction.

He stared at me for a while before he got it. “Me?” I nodded. “He especially told me to ask you since you’re my friend,” I said. He smiled a little but shook his head. “Sorry, Tristan. I’m comfortable here. Plus, I don’t know the name of the company so you do your thing over there and if it’s good call me again. I might change my mind,” he answered and patted my shoulder. “Just be careful. You’re still young,” he added.

I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm gently. “Speak to yourself. Lay off the high pills next time,” I whispered. He raised his hands in defeat and winked. “Noted with thanks!”

Too bad Kent couldn’t follow me to my new job even though I wished he could. I guessed everyone had their own lives. And something deep down inside told me it was a good thing Kent declined my offer. He was just a normal human and everyone that worked with Leon was not. It might prove dangerous for him. And I was glad he rejected it.

There was another 30 days for me to work and I realized I had to finish up my current work so I could manage my handing over tasks later. Kent would be covering my position before they get a new guy.

888888888888888

I reached home just around 8 after getting some groceries and when I turned on the lights I was greeted by a gorgeous man with auburn hair just lounging on my couch in the dark while playing with some kind of rock.

“Noodle—Leon!” I cursed, almost dropping my groceries. He chuckled as he turned to look at me. He got up and helped me with my groceries which I appreciated. “What are you doing here? How did you get in?” I asked incredulously, looking around my house to see anything broken or something. “Well, I used some magic,” he shrugged. I glared at him. “That’s breaking and entering!”