Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Leon’s POV

After retrieving an envelope containing Henry’s will in my office, I walked towards the sitting area where my beloved Tristan was waiting. I still couldn’t wrap my head around what was happening. I was filled with so much emotion when I saw him in the front of a watch shop peering at a certain watch on display. Both of us grown up so much but I knew it was him at first glance. His eyes had always been full of wonder and curiosity.

And of course, I knew he wasn’t loaded. He was a normal middle class citizen and I could imagine how his apartment was by the way he dressed himself. Simple and presentable. Which made him fell to the background. So I bought the watch in hoping I could re-introduce myself properly next time which unfortunately happened after Henry’s death.

Henry was not my grandfather or some kind. We both were not related. I was a Wizard. A Lone Wizard they said. It meant that I had no wizardry in my bloodline but somehow the gene or gift found its way into a normal human and thus made him or her a full-fledged wizard. I was left on the steps of an orphanage when I was a baby and stayed there until I was 13. I couldn’t really remember how but Henry was walking around near the orphanage and somehow sniffed me out. He immediately adopted me which I was grateful of since older orphans had smaller chances to get adopted out.

He had told me of my lineage and of my status of a Lone Wizard which I was. And he was my teacher to the art of wizardry and the way of life. He was my father and my mentor at the same time. But I had bad attitude. I was short tempered and I detested being called other than my own name. I was also used to be sharing my bed with other orphans and having my own bed and even my own room was hard for. I couldn’t sleep and it took me a while to get used to it. Say, one year?

Anyway, when I was 17 I learned that Henry was the only living Diamond Wizard in the world. It meant he was the oldest and the strongest. He had seldom takes any young wizard as his apprentice. I was his third one. And of course when I learned of the fact, I was ecstatic.

I pushed opened the door and saw Tristan leaning at the huge window with his hands on the window. His figure illuminated underneath the sun’s glare. I smirked at house gorgeous he was. Both body and heart.

“Tristan,” I called him. He turned around and saw the white envelope in my hand. “Is that it?” I nodded. “Don’t we need a lawyer or something to read it?” he asked. I smiled and shook his head. “This will is not the same as normal people’s will where it states money and estate or whatever. This is the will for inheritance.”

“It’s the same thing,” he said and stepped closer to me. “That will involves material inheritance. Well, this will is too but it also states who will inherit his ‘power’,” I replied, sitting down on the couch and patted the seat next to me for him to sit. He obliged and sat down.

“I already read it once so I know who is getting what,” I said and took out a piece of brown parchment, hand written by Henry himself. I noticed the look on Tristan’s face. He frowned looking at it. “He had a thing for vintage, old school methods,” I explained. “I noticed…” he said and leaned closer, his chest touching my arm as he tried to read it. I flinched inwardly. I didn’t know if he was aware what he was doing but somehow, I welcomed his touch.

‘I, Henry Leopold Seagraves, Master of Five Leaf House, a holder of the Diamond Wizard and a practitioner of White and Dark Wizardry, am declaring hereby that this is my will and testament written by my own hand with the presence and witness by Mr. Graham Rivers, my most loyal manservant and a long time friend, my student and beloved adopted son, Mr. Leon Lockwood and my fellow White Wizard of the White Pillars, Daryl Hartley who are here to be my witness.