Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Tristan’s POV

Leon didn’t allow me to leave the apartment even though I had started working. He told me to use his office to work while he was few floors down in his CEO office. I wanted to see the people working here as he mentioned that both humans and wizards were his employees and I hadn’t seen any other wizard than Alec and him. I had asked him about visiting that wizard guy at some volcano or something but Leon told me he needed to confirm few things first before telling me. Plus, we had this pilgrimage to attend to. Even that he said he needed to confirm again with Kade if he was still going to do it.

I hadn’t heard anything else except occasional phone calls from Kent who wanted to meet up with me. I haven’t told Leon yet but I hoped at least he allowed Kent to come to the apartment since he didn’t want me to leave the building. Or maybe we can just meet downstairs at the office cafeteria. I sighed heavily as I leaned back against the leather chair. I looked around the office and realized I haven’t explored the whole apartment.

I knew there were two guest rooms on the first floor and Leon’s room was on the same floor as well. It was like a whole house was built here and I noticed that there was another floor above the bedrooms but Leon had not mention it yet to me. I was curious but I knew it was inappropriate so I pushed the thought away. I continued to program the system according to the specifications given by Leon and didn’t even realize when he was standing at the doorway, leaning against it.

“Hello,” his voice made me surprised so much it jerked me out from my seat. I glared at him while taking deep breaths. He was chuckling as he made his way to the desk. “The desk suits you. Maybe you should be the CEO instead,” he said. I rolled my eyes and got up from the chair and wrapped my arms around his neck. I kissed his lips gently. “I missed you,” I whispered, looking straight into his eyes.

He flashed his charming smile. I didn’t tell him but after the whole fiasco with the poison, I was able to control my ability to see threads of emotion. I opened up a little and saw the swirling threads oozed out gently from Leon’s body. It was pink.

I chuckled loudly.

Leon frowned at me. “What’s so funny?” I chuckled again. “It’s pink,” I answered. He cocked his head sideways. “What is?” he grabbed my waist tighter so our hips were touching. “Your emotion. It’s pink,” I stared into his green orbs.

He contemplated for a while. “Maybe pink means love?” he suggested. I shook my head. I wasn’t sure what the colours meant yet but I could feel it. Maybe pink did mean love. He leaned down so he was kissing me deeply. I moaned at how our tongues battled each other. “How’s your day?” I asked, noticing it was already 6. He grinned. “As usual. Rene and Saul are in the kitchen now. They’re cooking dinner as we speak,” he said and led me to the kitchen where Saul was standing at the big tree in the middle of the room. His hand was touching the tree while he stared at the big trunk.

He spun around when he realized we were behind him. “The big guy says hi, Tristan,” he said and smirked at me. I frowned in confusion and he patted the tree. “It’s alive?” I uttered, feeling surprised and quickly made my way to it. Almost immediately, I heard a deep gruff voice in my head.

“Little one, Gaia has made herself known to you,” I looked around searching for the source of the voice and instead a deep hoarse chuckled answered. “I am Lou, an Ent, the tree,” he said and I turned to stare at the tree. I had imagined for it to have eyes or mouth but instead the tree was static except for the rustling trees and occasional chirping birds. “Lou?”

“Nice! He’s finally able to communicate with Lou,” Saul piped in as he sat at the dining table. Leon just smiled at me and took a seat across Saul so he was able to look at me. I turned back to the tree and a red unknown flower fell towards me. I caught it gently and a sweet scent entered my nose and I smiled at that. Lou was saying welcome to me.