Birthday Boy

Vitani smiled as she fingered the charm bracelet Luke had gotten for her for her birthday. So far, it held an Owl charm (from Annabeth), a strawberry charm (from Grover), a winged shoe, a broomstick, a firework rocket, and a star charm.

But now it was Luke's birthday, November 18th. And Vitani had a big day planned for him, she was going to take him to see Diagon Ally for the first time.

As soon as she reached the Hermes Cabin, she knocked on the door.

Travis Stoll was the one to answer. "Hey Vitani, looking for Luke?"

"Yeah, is he here?" Vitani asked.

"Yeah, in his room. What are you giving him for his birthday? We already gave him his birthday punches by the way." Travis smirked.

Vitani rolled her eyes. "You didn't turn him black and blue did you?"

"Nah, Luke is way tougher than that." Connor said, popping into the conversation.

"Of course, now if you'll excuse me..." Vitani said, slipping past the twins.

"By your leave, Princess." Travis teased before they joined some of their brothers in the living room, playing card games.

Vitani knocked on Luke's bedroom door.

"Come in!"

Inside, she saw Luke in the middle of dressing, as he was just about to put on his white button up shirt.

"Good morning, Princess." Luke grinned, walking over to give her a kiss.

Vitani smiled into the kiss before it was broken. "Good morning to you too, birthday boy. How does it feel to be 19 years old?"

"Pretty good." Luke smiled before it turned slightly bitter. "Dad even gave me a present... a new sword. I call it Backbiter."

"That's good." Vitani said, smiling as she ogled Luke's delicious abs and strong back.

"He also gave me something else... These coins. They're real gold as far as I can tell, but they aren't Drachma..."

"Can I see?" Vitani asked.

"Sure." Luke said, handing her a sack.

She opened the sack and widened her eyes. Gold Galleons. Hermes had given Luke a sack full of galleons. She guessed that he somehow knew that Luke was going to need them today.

"Galleons."

"Hmm?"

"They're Galleons, remember when I told you about the Wizarding world?"

"Oh! Why would my dad give me a sack full of galleons? I'm not a wizard."

"Actually, it's a good thing he gave them to you, and there seems to be quite a bit in here. Maybe around 50 or so Galleons? That'll get you a lot where we're going. And I guarantee you'll want to use them today!"

"You mean...?" Luke turned to her with a growing smile on his face as he shrugged on a thin black jacket.

"Yep, I'm taking you to Diagon Alley for your birthday! You've been wanting to go for a while, and today is the perfect day to go."

"How are we going to get there?" Luke asked, excited.

"Portkey."

"Port-what?"

"My back hurts."

"Sorry, should've warned you that first timers usually have rough landings. I usually apparate, but I was afraid that you might lose your lunch afterwards."