Princess Andromeda

Both Vitani and Luke (who slept in Vitani's cabin on an occasion) were sleeping when they heard Percy call for help.

"Help! Someone please help!"

The two jolted out of bed and quickly dressed and armed themselves before running out of the cabin and towards the shore. They soon saw Tyson and Annabeth heading the same way, looking frantic.

"What happened?" Annabeth asked when she saw Percy, who was perfectly fine. "I heard you calling for help."

"Same here." Vitani agreed with Luke nodding along with her.

"Me, too!" Tyson said, looking worried. "I heard you say 'Bad things are attacking!'"

"I didn't call you guys." Percy said, confused. "I'm fine."

"But then who..." Annabeth said before spotting the 4 yellow duffel bags at his feet. "What-"

"Just listen, we don't have much time!" Percy said before explaining his conversation with Hermes, who had done this to try and make things up with Luke for being a horrible father. By the time he was finished, everyone could hear the patrol harpies screeching in the distance.

"Percy." Annabeth said. "We're going to have to do the quest!"

"We'll get expelled, you know. Trust me, I'm an expert at getting expelled."

"So? If we fail, there won't be any camp to come back to."

"Yeah, but you promised Chiron-"

"I promised I'd keep you from danger. I can only do that by coming with you! Tyson can stay behind and tell them-"

"I want to go." Tyson said.

"No!" Annabeth's voice sounded close to panic. "I mean... Percy, come on. You know that's impossible."

"I say let him come, he can help!" Vitani said, sticking up for Tyson, who smiled at her. "Accio!"

A familiar looking satchel bag flew towards the witch, who caught it and slung it over her shoulder.

Luke said nothing when Vitani eyed him, but slung one of the duffel bags over his shoulder.

"We can't leave him." Percy decided. "Tantalus will punish him for us being gone."

"Percy," Annabeth said, trying to keep her cool, "we're going to Polyphemus' island! Polyphemus is an S-i-k ... a C-y-k . .."

She stamped her foot in frustration while Luke smiled, amused.

As smart as she was, Annabeth was dyslexic, too. They could've been there all night while she tried to spell Cyclops.

"You know what I mean!"

"Tyson can go," Percy insisted, "if he wants to."

Tyson clapped his hands. "Want to!"

Annabeth gave Percy the evil eye, but didn't argue seeing as they were short on time.

"All right," she said. "How do we get to that ship?"

"Hermes said my father would help."

"Well then, Seaweed Brain? What are you waiting for?"

"Urn, Dad?" Percy called. "How's it going?"

"Percy!" Vitani whispered. "We're in a hurry!"

"We need your help," Percy called a little louder. "We need to get to that ship, like, before we get eaten and stuff, so ..."

At first, nothing happened. Waves crashed against the shore like normal. The harpies sounded like they were right behind the sand dunes. Then, about a hundred yards out to sea, three white lines appeared on the surface. They moved fast toward the shore, like claws ripping through the ocean.