Daedalus

"This way!" Rachel yelled as they ran down a corridor.

"Why should we follow you?" Annabeth demanded. "You led us straight into that death trap!"

"It was the way we needed to go," Rachel said. "And so is this. Come on!"

Annabeth didn't look to happy, but all Luke cared about was finding a safe place to wake his wife whom he had slung over his shoulder. Probably not the most comfortable way for her to be held, but he didn't have time to put her onto his back.

Rachel seemed to know exactly where she was going. She whipped around corners and didn't even hesitate at crossroads. Once she said, "Duck!" and they all crouched as a huge axe swung over their heads. Then they kept going as if nothing had happened.

They didn't stop to rest until they came to a room the size of a gymnasium with old marble columns holding up the roof.

Percy stood on guard, trying to listen for any sounds of pursuit, but heard nothing. Apparently they had lost them in the maze.

Aden collapsed on the floor. "You people are crazy."

Luke set Vitani gently on the ground and searched through his backpack. He didn't come up with anything that would help so he searched through Vitani's satchel bag and luckily came up with smelling salts.

He waved the salts under her nose and Vitani groaned. She slowly cracked open an eye and sighed.

"My head hurts." Vitani said. "Pass me a headache curing potion would you?"

Luke nodded and did as told.

Vitani gulped down the potion with a relieved sigh before reaching into her satchel bag and pulling out a canteen of water to wash down the taste.

"So Aden, what are you doing here?" Luke asked coldly.

Annabeth gasped. "I remember you! You were one of the undetermined kids in the Hermes cabin, years ago."

Aden glared at her. "Yeah, and you're Annabeth. I remember. Nice to see you again too, Luke."

"Answer my question." Luke said as Vitani gave Percy some Vitamix potion, which gave the drinker energy, along with some bruise salves.

Aden sneered. "The gods never cared about us!"

"So you sign up with an army that makes you fight to the death for entertainment?" Luke asked, rolling his eyes.

Aden struggled to his feet. "I'm not going to argue with you. Thanks for the help, but I'm out of here."

"We're going after Daedalus." Percy said. "Come with us. Once we get through, you'd be welcome back at camp."

"You really are crazy if you think Daedalus will help you."

"He has to." Annabeth said. "We'll make him listen."

Aden snorted. "Yeah, well. Good luck with that."

Luke grabbed his arm. "You're just going to head off alone into the maze? That's suicide."

Aden shrugged Luke off and glared at Percy. "You shouldn't have spared me, Jackson. Mercy has no place in this war."

Then he ran off into the darkness, back the way they came.

Annabeth, Rachel, Percy, and Luke were so tired that they decided to make camp in the room they were currently in.

Vitani set up camp along with a bluebell flame camp fire that produced no smoke.

She put a few hot dogs on metal skewers and passed them around. Then she set up a small barbeque grill to toast the hot dog buns on.

When the ground started to rumble, everyone woke up.