Pan

The group landed on the terrace of a visitor centre. It was late afternoon and they counted themselves lucky that the place was pretty much empty.

Annabeth used a tourist binocular camera and looked up at the hill where Daedalus' workshop had been, but it vanished.

"The workshop moved." Annabeth guessed. "There's no telling where."

"What do we do now?" Percy asked. "How do we get back into the maze?"

Annabeth gazed at the summit of Pikes Peak in the distance. "Maybe we can't. If Daedalus died...he said his life force was tied into the Labyrinth. The whole thing might've been destroyed. Maybe that will stop Ethan's invasion."

"No." Nico said. "He isn't dead."

"How can you be sure?" Luke asked.

"I know when people die. It's this feeling I get, like a buzzing in my ears."

"What about Tyson and Grover then?" Percy asked.

Nico shook his head. "That's harder. They're not humans or half-bloods. They don't have mortal souls."

"Vitani, can you teleport us to the camp? We have to make it back to camp before Ethan and his army." Annabeth said.

"But we can't leave Tyson and Grover behind!" Percy protested. "They're still in there, we have to find them!"

Annabeth hesitated before sighing. "You're right. Fine, we have to get a car to take us into the city."

"I'll take care of it." Vitani said, and Rachel looked relieved.

The group hailed a taxi to a Ford car store, to which, Vitani also owned.

"How many car companies do you own?" Percy asked.

"Three." Vitani said before walking in.

It didn't take longer than 10 minutes before they were driving away with a red caravan.

Everyone helped Rachel in trying to find an entrance. Right when they were leaving Colorado springs, Rachel sat bolt upright.

"Get off the highway!" Rachel said.

Vitani swerved across the traffic and took the exit.

"What did you see?" Percy asked, because they were pretty much out of the city now. There wasn't anything around except hills, grassland, and some scattered farm buildings. Rachel had the driver turn down this unpromising dirt road.

"Western Museum of Mining & Industry."

Vitani parked and they all got out of the van.

"There." Rachel said, pointing to a hole in the side of a nearby hill-a tunnel that was boarded up and chained. "An old mine entrance."

"A door to the Labyrinth?" Annabeth asked. "How can you be sure?"

"Annabeth, why do you always have to question her?" Luke sighed.

Annabeth huffed.

"I just can see it, okay?" Rachel answered.

They were now back into the labyrinth.

The dirt tunnels turned to stone. They wound around and split off and basically tried to confuse them, but Rachel had no trouble guiding them. They told her they needed to get back to New York, and she hardly even paused when the tunnels offered a choice.

"Thanks for coming after us." Percy told him at last.

Nico's eyes narrowed. He didn't seem as angry as he used to-just suspicious, careful. "I owed you for the ranch, Percy. Plus ... I wanted to see Daedalus for myself. Minos was right, in a way. Daedalus should die. Nobody should be able to avoid death that long. It's not natural."