Reunion

They crept to the cave entrance and saw Polyphemus, who was grinning wickedly and holding up empty air. The monster shook his fist, and a baseball cap fluttered to the ground. There was Annabeth, hanging upside down by her legs.

"Hah!" The Cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Annabeth struggled in his grip, but she looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead, and her eyes were glassy.

"We'll rush him." Luke whispered to the group. "Our ship is around the back of the island, you and Grover-"

"No way!" Clarisse and Grover said at the same time. Clarisse had armed herself with a highly collectible rams-horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack.

"We'll take him together!" Clarisse growled, she obviously wanted revenge for when the Cyclops tried to marry her. Grover agreed, but soon blinked as if he couldn't believe he agreed with Clarisse of all people about something.

Percy, Clarisse, and Grover looked to Luke, silently recognizing him as the leader in this situation, as Luke had the most battle experience out of all of them.

"Alright," Luke said. "Attack plan Macedonia."

They all nodded, having trained together at Camp Half-Blood.

"Grover, try to sneak over to catch Annabeth when I taunt Polyphemus." Luke ordered.

"Got it!"

"Hey Ugly!" Luke shouted, lifting his sword into the air.

"Another one? Who are you?"

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you!" Luke yelled as Grover slowly made his way over to Annabeth, ready to catch her.

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right, you blind eyed pile of sheep dung! I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye again!" Luke gave a smug smirk at this, making Polyphemus roar with rage.

He dropped Annabeth, right into Grover's waiting arms. The Satyr set her down gently by the rocks before he threw the sheep bone club he was wielding when Polyphemus charged at Luke.

"For Pan!" He shouted as the sheep bone bounced harmlessly off the monster's forehead.

Clarisse ran in from the left and set her spear against the ground just in time for the Cyclops to step on it. He wailed in pain, and Clarisse dove out of the way to avoid getting trampled. But the Cyclops just plucked out the shaft like a large splinter and kept advancing onto Luke.

He made a grab for the son of Hermes, but he rolled to the said and stabbed him in the thigh. Percy did the same to his other thigh.

The three of them, Percy, Luke, and Clarisse, charged at the Cyclops again and again, stabbing the monster anywhere they could reach, which was mainly the toe or the ankles or the hands.

But they couldn't keep this up forever., they would eventually tire out or the monster would get in a lucky shot. It would only take one hit to kill them.

Out of the corners of their eyes, they saw Grover carrying Annabeth across the rope bridge. It wouldn't have been their first choice, given the man-eating sheep on the other side, but it looked better than this side of the chasm. That gave Luke an idea.

"Fall back!" Luke ordered before they ran for the bridge, Polyphemus right behind them.

He was cut up and hobbling from so many wounds, all they had done was slow him down and made him even more angry than he already was.