Calypso

Luke soon woke up on a beach, still encased the orange barrier bubble before it popped, the Shield card flying back into his hand. He put it away and sat up, looking at the paradise island around him

He then looked down at his person, other than a few singes on his clothing, he was perfectly fine.

He then noticed that his magical crystal pendant looked a bit dimmer.

"Nice to see you away, young hero." A gentle voice said from behind him.

Luke immediately turned around with Backbiter in his hands, pointing it at the woman.

"Who are you?" Luke demanded, not even batting an eyelash at the beautiful girl. To him, no one was more beautiful than Vitani, his lovely wife whom he loved more than anything else.

"I am Calypso." The woman replied.

Luke lowered his sword in shock. "You're Calypso?"

"You've heard of me."

"Yes." Luke swallowed. "Just to let you know, I will leave this island to go back to my wife."

Calypso nodded. "Yes, I've noticed the ring on your finger."

"Did Percy fall on this island as well?"

"Yes, I found him not too long ago. He's in my home, resting and healing. I would've brought you in as well, but that orange barrier wouldn't let me through." Calypso said.

"A gift from my wife." Luke answered.

"Glad to see you're awake, Percy. You were fading in and out of conciousness for the last few days." Luke said as Percy sat up.

"Glad to see you're okay, Luke. I nearly thought I killed you because of my stunt." Percy said apologetically.

"It's fine, Percy. Vitani protected me with this." Luke said before holding up a Clow card. "Otherwise, I would've been steamed to death, literally."

"Sorry again." Percy said. He got up and wrapped a robe around himself.

When he walked outside, he was amazed by all the constellations he could see, along with the new constellation: The Huntress, a tribute to Zoe Nightshade who had died last winter.

"Hello, you two." Calypso greeted. "Percy, you're up now."

"Yeah." Percy nodded, staring at Calypso with awe.

Luke winced.

"Well, as long as you're up, you can help me plant these." Calypso said, handing Percy a plant, which had a clump of dirt and roots at the base.

Luke tried to stay as distant as possible, he knew about Calypso's curse, and he didn't want to make it harder for the girl.

Instead, he took a blanket and lied on the beach, looking up at the stars.

"Your friend, he misses his wife greatly." Calypso said with a tiny hint of envy in his voice.

"Luke? Yeah, he loves Vitani more than anything." Percy said, planting the moonlace.

"She is a very lucky girl to have such a dedicated husband." Calypso said wistfully.

Everyday, Luke would stand at the beach while Percy recovered, looking up at the stars, thinking about his wife whom he missed greatly. He was occasionally practise with his sword as well, fighting an invisible enemy.

Soon a column of fire reached the beach, and Calypso stood before it and bowed formally.

The flames dissipated, and standing before the three was a tall man in grey overalls and a metal leg brace, his beard and hair was smouldering with fire.