Chapter Seven

Tap, tap. Ugh, I really need to get new shoes. I guess it is my fault for walking so much, but it is also the shoes’ fault for being so loud. I haven't really decided how I am going to tell Angela and Katie about Raine. I mean, it is a pretty weird thing to bring up and talk about. All I am really worried about is them not believing me. Who would believe a story about someone with powers falling in love with a human? I mean yeah, it happens a lot in books and movies, but real life is neither a movie nor book.

        It is not nearly time for Angela and Katie to come over yet, so I occupy myself with setting up our sleeping bags, preparing snacks, and getting dinner decided for when they do get here.

        As I am fiddling with the temperature gauge, the doorbell rings and I smile. I drop my hand from the gauge and make my way to my front door. I open the door slowly and peek out, only to get tackled into a hug by Katie. I smile after Katie lets go of me. "Hey, you guys can come right in!" I say as I step aside, letting Katie and Angela come inside my house.

        They step inside and we share small talk for a while, just getting comfortable while eating a few snacks. "So, what will we be doing tonight?" Angela asks quizzically.

        I shrug my shoulders. "Anything, but I do have one thing I have to tell you guys later."

        Katie looks at me with interest, but nods her head. After pondering awhile, she shoots out an idea. "We could pick out a movie to watch!"

        I slowly nod, thinking it over. If we watched it now, I could tell them about Raine and everything else once it has ended. Plus, it would give me extra time to calm my nerves about telling them this. "Sure," I finally speak, answering Katie. "Just over there," I continue to say, pointing to a shelf stacked with movies. "…are my movies. You can pick a few out, and we can decide from there which to watch."

        Katie smiles, nods, and heads over there. I look over towards Angela. "You can help Katie too, you know."

        Angela turns her head towards me, breaking out of her thoughts. "Yeah, I know!" She says warmly, and then walks towards where Katie is currently sifting through the movies I own. As they talk softly about the movies, I go into my kitchen to get us the bowl of snacks I set out earlier. I slowly walk back to where Angela and Katie are, with the bowl in one of my hands. Placing it down on the coffee table in front of my TV, I join Angela and Katie in deciding which movie we should watch.

        They show me what they have picked out, and tell me that they both are undecided between a romance movie and an action movie. I tell them to retrieve the romance movie. I mean hey, it makes bringing my romance with Raine up a bit easier. Once we have all agreed on one movie, I take it and put it into the DVD player while Angela and Katie get comfortable on top of the sleeping bags they have claimed for themselves.

        There is enough space between my couch and the small coffee table to put sleeping bags for us three down on the floor, so that is where I have put them down. When the movie is in, I grab my remote and the bowl of snacks from the table and put them both down on the ground with me. Glancing at my clock to check the time, I see that it is just about 5PM. "Since it's around dinner time," I start to say, addressing both Katie and Angela. "Would you want to eat now, after the movie, or order something and eat when it gets here during the movie?”

        Katie contemplates this for a minute after sharing a glance with Angela. She then looks at me, and I laugh. “What do you feel like ordering then?” I ask.

        Angela shrugs. “Anything, really. Tacos, pizza…”

        Katie’s head snaps up. “Tacos would work just fine for me!”