Epilogue

It's been one year, and I feel as if I was finally over Chad. Stephanie and I had now set up our own childcare business and business was booming. Well, as much as it good.

Ryan and Amy were due to marry very soon. Stephanie and Brandon were still as strong as ever. Those two couples, I envied them. I wanted that, and I definitely wanted that with Chad. But obviously, we weren't meant to be.

Kai, Kyle and Sophie had made some friends at school. Well, Kai was already in secondary school and Sophie and Kyle were in primary school. Sophie started at reception and at first, she hated it. She cried and cried every morning because she didn't want to be away from home for a whole day. She had gotten use to nursery where she only went for a few hours, but now she's going for double that time and she hated it. Thankfully, now she enjoyed it.

Steph and I based our business around under 5s. That's the age group we looked after. And yes, we even looked after little babies, sometimes even newborns.

My parents were still as happy as ever - which I also envied. But they don't have to know that. Ryan had a job in a huge business firm and Amy was pregnant with their first child so she was currently childless.

She was due anytime soon, actually. Well, okay she had a few weeks until her due date.

I was busy tidying up the place that Steph and I rent. Steph had to go because she said there was an emergency or something. I didn't mind though, it was just tidying up toys and making the place neat and tidy for tomorrow which they'd mess up again anyway.

"Princess." His voice. I was stunned. I hadn't seen or spoken to him in for so long. The butterflies in my stomach erupted at the nickname he would always call me. I slowly turn around and he looked better than ever.

"Chad," I breathe out. He walked slowly up to me, a smile on his face. Me? I was just completely shocked. He was here.

"You still look beautiful, and hot," he comments and I roll my eyes. "How have you been?"

"Hm, how have I been since you left me for another girl who you said you were over? Ha, I've been great." He flinched slightly at my tone.

"I suppose I deserved that."

"Why the hell are you here?" I ask him while continuing to tidy up.

"I came to talk." I didn't reply. "Can you just stop for a moment and look at me?" I didn't want to. I knew all the feelings would come back. Who am I kidding, I don't think I am over him. I carried on tidying, ignoring him slightly. I felt his hands on my shoulder and he turns me around to stare at him. "Princess, look at me."

"Don't call me that," I tell him and he sighs.

"I miss you," he mumbles. I push him off of me and walk away from him.

"You can't come in here and just say that to me. I've finally gotten over you, or so I thought. You can't do this to me, Chad, you can't!"

"I'm sorry, okay? I- She came into my life unexpectedly. I- The feelings just sort of came back. I thought they did. I thought I still loved her, but I knew I screwed up with you so I continued with her. I just..I kept comparing her to you. You're all I wanted, and I can't believe I left you. I can't begin to explain how much I messed up when I left you.. Riley, I still love you."

No, no.

"I still love you too," I reply back, looking down at the ground. "But you hurt me so bad. You promised me we would get married and that you were over that girl. B-but, you left me for her. You just..screwed me over. Everything we had, you threw it all away. For four months I wouldn't even leave the house because I knew you lived near us. I couldn't bare it. Chad, you really hurt me. You really did."

"I know, I did, and I just need you to forgive me. I want us back," he begged, suddenly appearing in front of me and taking hold of my hands. I refused to look at him though. I wanted us back too, but can I just forget that he dumped me for another girl? I can't. It hurt too much. Way too much.

"Chad, I can't," I say, tears pricking at my eyes.

"Please, I love you. I made a mistake.. A horrible, unforgivable mistake, but I'm asking you..please can we have another try at things? I know what I want, and need, and that's you. You're my life. All I ever wanted back was you, and only you. When Ryan spoke to me, I just wanted to break down and cry. I hurt you so bad and I can't forgive myself for it. You may not be my first love, but I want you to be my last love. My one and only. We love each other, why can't we try it again? Make it last forever?" I was crying now. The tears were streaming down my face. He lifted my face up to look at him and cupped my cheeks. With his thumbs, he wiped away the tears. "Don't cry," he whispered.

"I don't know if we can go back to how we were. You really, really hurt me bad. So bad. I don't know if I can go through that again."

"You won't have to. I'll love you forever and ever. Hell, I don't know why I was with that chick. I realised I didn't love her soon after breaking up with you, but you wouldn't answer any calls and I feared you moved on. I thought that I could end up loving her again, but I couldn't. I wanted you. I needed you. We've been through so much together, I can't let us throw it away." He then pulled back and got down on one knee. Chad, no. "I want you to know I'm serious about us. I want you to know I will love you forever." He pulled out a little ring case from his pocket. He planned this, that sly bast- "I love you, I really do. I honestly cannot imagine or dream of spending my life with anyone else. You, I only want you. Please, will you marry me?"

I couldn't answer. We went from not seeing each other for a year and four months to suddenly a marriage proposal. "C-Chad," I whispered. I closed the ring case and told him to stand up. "A year and four months of no contact, and you suddenly propose? It's not right. Usually people date before marrying."

"We dated-"

"Not in the last year. Chad, I want to.. But-"

"If you want to, then why not? Come on, you and I love each other. I will forever spend my life with you trying to fix my mistake. I will make it up to you. Please, princess."

"Not marriage, not yet. I-I think baby steps first." He broke out into a smile, and I did too. "But if you ever hurt me again-"

"I won't, I won't let that happen. I love you, princess." He cups my face and captures my lips in a kiss. Oh how I missed this.

"I love you too, my knight in shining armour," I whispered against his lips.

The End.

***

There we go, happy ending? Hell yeah. Well, maybe not for, um, Riker fans. Sorry :( from the very beginning, Riley was always going to end up with Chad. But suddenly people started shipping her with Parker and I was like "woah this is unexpected" but hey, I played along and added some twists and turns.

The previous chapter was to show that maybe not all couples last. You'd like to think they do, but sometimes the reality of it is that they don't. In this case, Riley and Chad made it.

Now, today as you can tell has been full of updates - this being the third one of the day. If I can, I will write up a bonus chapter but I think that that will have to wait until tomorrow :)

Thank you so very much for sticking with this series - MBBF too. I hope you enjoyed the journey of them all and that you've enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

Don't forget to check out my other stories :3 would be greatly appreciated hehe. And don't forget to look out for those bonus chapters ;)

Once again, I really do love you all. Thank you so much for your undying support ❤️