Bonus Chapter 6

Rad's Kids!

"Mummy, mummy!" I looked down at Victoria who was pulling at my shirt.

"What's wrong?" I ask when I notice she had a worried look on her face. She grabbed my hand and started running, me in tow. She brought me to where the swings were in the playground and Jamie was lying on the floor crying. I immediately ran up to him and scooped him up in my arms. "What's happened?" I ask frantically, turning my head to Victoria since Jamie didn't answer since he was crying. He had managed to attract the attention of a few other kids.

"He was swinging on the swing and he fell off and landed badly!"

"It's okay, baby, don't cry," I said to him, kissing his head as he continued to cry. "Vicky, go get mummy's bag from the bench, okay? Then go straight to the car." Victoria was eight years old, so I knew she would be okay. Jamie on the other hand...he was only two.

"Mummy," he cried out, "it hurt!"

"Sh, it's okay, I'll get you to the hospital." His leg seemed dislocated, meaning he probably didn't really land good. "It's okay, it'll be okay." I reached the car, Vicky already waiting there for me. I unlocked the car and strapped Jamie in. Vicky got in too, strapping herself in. Man, she's always so independent. I rushed to the hospital, and when we arrived I quickly went to A&E. I called Chad but it went to voicemail. "Um, Jamie's had an accident.. So uh, come to the hospital when you can, yeah?" I was fretting. I was so scared and my heart broke at his cries.

We got seem fairly quickly, to my surprise, and we were waiting on X-rays. Chad still hadn't called and I was getting a bit worried. Vicky was getting a bit frustrated and wanted to go home. "I want to go home!" she exclaimed, crossing her arms.

"We've got to wait a bit, okay? When daddy comes, he can take you home." She continued to have her arms crossed and scowled. I felt the urge to roll my eyes because she was being quite..rude? But I didn't, she's my child and very much like me.

"What about uncle Ryan?" she asked, glaring at me. Woah kid. I then thought.. She was right, Ryan can take her home. If he is able to, that is. So, I dialled his number.

"Hey sis, what's up?"

"Jamie's had a, uh, accident and-"

"Did he wet the bed or-"

"No time for déja vu! Or jokes! I think he's either fractured or broken his leg and we are at the hospital, and can you take Vicky back to yours? She's getting a bit..agitated. I think we will be here for a while and Chad hasn't called back so I don't know where he is and-"

"Riley, chill, it's cool. I'll be there soon, okay? Don't worry, Jamie will be okay."

"I sure hope he will." We cut the call and I told Vicky that Ryan would be here soon. She started cheering but I had to tell her to quieten down since I was getting dodgy and annoyed looks. Chill man, ever seen an excited kid?

Eventually, Ryan came and took her back to his. He gave me a hug and reassured me again that Jamie would be fine. After Ryan left, I was taken to a hospital room where Jamie was laying asleep on the hospital bed. "He's broken his leg, I'm afraid. It must have been a very bad fall. Are you sure he wasn't pushed?"

"Victoria, my daughter, she said he fell. I'll ask if anyone pushed him, but maybe he was high up in the air and slipped off the seat and fell? He shouldn't have been using that swing though! I told him to come and get me so I could put him in that baby one." I felt mad at myself. He shouldn't have been on the one for older kids, but I should have been watching shouldn't I? This is all my visit.

"Ma'am, none of this is your fault, alright? These accidents happen, it's life. Kids experience these sort of things. Look, we are going to have to do an operation on him in the morning so we will have to keep him overnight. We've given him some pain medicine for the pain, but he should be asleep for a while. I think he's just cried himself to sleep, plus the medicine makes the kids drowsy a bit."

I took s deep breath as I stared at my son asleep. "Thank you," I muttered. The doctor went away and I walked up to the bed, sitting on the edge of it. "I'm sorry, Jamie."

"Princess, it wasn't your fault." I got startled at the voice, obviously Chad, and almost screamed. He came up and hugged me, kissing my forehead. "I bumped into the doc, actually, and he told me what happened. It really wasn't your fault, alright? Don't blame yourself."

"But look at him," I said, on the verge of tears.

"He'll be okay. And also, where exactly is Victoria?"

"Ryan picked her up, she was getting very agitated and frustrated. She wanted to go home." He hummed in reply and then went and kissed Jamie's forehead. "He looks so peaceful, even though he must be in so much pain."

"Usually when you sleep you don't feel anything. So, he's got to have an op?"

"Yeah, tomorrow morning. I'm going to stay with him overnight, you go home and get Vicky. I want to be here with him."

"Okay, sure. We will come first thing in the morning, right before the operation."

"We don't even know what time it is," I point out.

"Come on princess, they'll tell us before we leave or when they know. They're not just going to leave us in the dark," he laughs out. Okay, he was right about that. I wasn't thinking straight at all, my son was having an operation in the morning and I was fretting so much. Chad brought me towards him, kissing the side of my head. "Don't worry, seriously. He will be fine."

"I sure hope so," I mumble, glancing at Jamie who was still sound asleep.

"Trust me, alright?"

"Yes but-"

"No buts, he will be fine. Just an op and he will be up and about. Okay, not exactly. He will be in crutches probably but he will be all good. He might even find it cool." Well, I suppose he's right. I guess we could just hope for the best, right? Chad was right, he will be absolutely fine.

*

I know, I know. This is way long overdue. You can kill me if you want, lol, but like I was going through a little problem which I still am but here we are. There is still more, don't worry.