PROLOGUE. dragged to hell

☆ | PROLOGUE

| PROLOGUE. DRAGGED TO HELL.

{"they say that the loveliest angels make the cruelest demons and my darling, you were so kind and beautiful before they dragged you to hell"}

Ingrid Faye stood in the center of a ring of Jedi Masters, her hands clasped behind her. In any other instance, she would be in awe at the fact that she was in the presence of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. However, the reason that she was in the Jedi Temple made her feel nothing but grief. She had been taught that letting your emotions show was dangerous when you were a Jedi, but the amount of pain she was feeling was impossible to mask. And, judging by the expression on Master Yoda's face, he could feel the sadness pouring out of her. She wasn't sure if he was looking at her with pity, understanding, or something else, but she would do anything to get out of there at that moment so she could grieve in peace.

"Padawan Faye, we are incredibly sorry for your loss," Mace Windu said, making Ingrid tear her eyes from the floor to meet his. "Maser Octava Acamar died to save lives, and she will be greatly honored for that." Ingrid felt her eyes welling up at she thought back to the incident, blinking rapidly to prevent any tears being spilt.

"Octavia, no!" she screamed for her Master as she ran into the sea of Battle Droids that had taken over the cruiser. Her lightsaber aloft, Ingrid's Master cut down as many droids as she could, attempting to buy Ingrid and the passengers of the cruiser some time as they tried to get the last working escape pod. Blasts from the droids had damaged its control panel, but Ingrid was on her way to fixing it. They needed someone to keep the droids occupied so Ingrid could get the pod to work, but Ingrid knew that it put Octavia in danger.

Ingrid, along with her Master, had been tasked with escorting the royal family of the planet Yalton from Coruscant back to their home. It should have been easy; the royal family from Yalton didn't have as much power in the Senate, and therefore wouldn't be a target. At least, that's what they had thought.

Knowing that her protests were futile, Ingrid looked away from the sight of her Master swinging her emerald saber back to the control panel. She certainly was no tech genius, but she had picked up some things when she was young, and by some miracle, managed to fix the panel.

"Come on!" She shouted to the remaining passengers on the cruiser. She had already sent the royal family she was tasked to protect off of the ship in the first pod, and was focused on getting the final members of the crew into the last escape pod. The ship shuddered as it was hit again, and Ingrid knew it was only a matter of time before it blew.

"But to mourn her, call you we did not," Master Yoda said, earning a confused look from Ingrid.

"We would like to promote you to the rank of Jedi Knight," Master Windu said, sending a shockwave of conflicting emotions throughout Ingrid's body. She had been dreaming about that moment since she had started her training, and the moment had finally come, but it didn't feel as good as it should have. Maybe it had to do with the fact that the very person she wanted to be there when she was given the honor, wasn't.