CHAPTER XI. what you both used to be

☆ | CHAPTER ELEVEN; WHAT YOU BOTH USED TO BE

| CHAPTER ELEVEN; WHAT YOU BOTH USED TO BE

{"it asked me, 'what does it feel like. this loss of love.' i told it, 'like being lost in a desert where you once knew a sea. like watching the sun that once lit up your life burning the very last of what you both used to be.'"}

"Why?" was the only word Obi-Wan could muster.

"Why?" Ingrid repeated incredulously, as if the answer was obvious. A sudden anger overtook her as she stared him in the eye, hurt and beyond frustrated that even after what they had been through the past few days, he couldn't bring himself to understand her motivations. "I'm doing this for anyone the Order betrayed. I'm doing this for those that were too good to live among the corruption and rot that plagues our galaxy. I'm doing this for those like Octavia... and like Qui-Gon." At the mention of his old master, Obi-Wan's face morphed into an expression of pain.

"Don't do this," Obi-Wan said, and she could see the desperation in his eyes when he spoke. The last thing he wanted to do was fight her, she could see it. The observation surprised her- after what had recently occurred, she was shocked to see he cared at all. "Please, Ingrid. We need you. I need you."

For a moment, Ingrid considered dropping her weapon and taking it all back, returning to Obi-wan's side, but the moment passed quickly. "You should have thought of that earlier," she said, and raised her lightsaber, bringing it down against his with all the power she was capable of. Her arms strained as she fought to hold him off and gain the upper hand, but her will never ceased. She used all the pain, anger, and misery that had building up ever since Octavia died and channeled it, fueling her actions with the very strength of her emotions.

He returned her blows with equal force, and their lightsabers connected with a flash again and again, shrieks emitting from the blades. The two were immersed in the movements of one another, studying every blow, every attack, trying to ignore that they were fighting someone they cared about and instead an adversary that had a weakness to be exploited.

Ingrid was afraid. She didn't know if she could beat Obi-Wan, he had a few years of training on her and he was a quick learner, he had learned her habits and strategies from the first time he had witnessed her yield a lightsaber. As her and Obi-wan circled each other, their blades clashing together, Ingrid spotted Dooku watching on proudly. Why isn't he helping?

Putting extra effort into her next attack, she managed to push Obi-Wan slightly off of her so that she had the opportunity to leap over him, landing beside Dooku. Obi-Wan couldn't take them both.

Together, Ingrid and her new Master lifted their blades and struck Obi-Wan. The Jedi blocked their strike with some difficulty and retaliated, but as they continued, Ingrid could see him tiring. He was not only fighting her, but a Sith Lord that carried double the experience and power that they possessed, and she knew he couldn't fight back for much longer.