The Worst Betrayal Never Comes From Your Enemies....

Star P.O.V

Walking away from Nik after saying those words was one of the hardest things I had ever done, telling him all those lies about our relationship being toxic felt wrong. The look of disappear on his face as those words pass my lips was heart breaking, to stand there and hold back the tears was incredibly hard. But I reminded myself why I was doing this, it was to protect him and not to put him in the same circumstances as before, right now we couldn't be together not while all these enemies surrounding us. The things is will things be amicable between us? I can put a pretty good front up and place that wall between us, but Nik on the other hand... could he allow us to be friends?

Because you can never go from married couple to being friends, just like that. It's a lie. It's just something that people say they'll do to take the permanence out of a breakup. And someone always takes it to mean more than it does, and then is hurt even more when, inevitably, said 'friendly' relationship is still a major step down from the previous relationship, and it's like breaking up all over again. But messier. Then there is time, it make it worse! You're...the other half of his soul. He's never going to get over you. And no matter how much you hope that you will... you'll never get over him. You're going to wake up one day and realize what you've done, and you're going to regret the time you wasted apart from him for the rest of your life. I couldn't think like that though all these thoughts screaming in my mind of what a huge mistake I made by pushing him away were for the right reasons even if my heart tells me otherwise.

That night I hardly slept and when I did finally fall asleep Damon was blasting up my phone as he heard about what happened and how I just gave up on everything. At 4am in the morning I had Damon giving me a lecture down the phone about acting irrational, which sounded really funny coming from him as he was one to do the impulsive outburst. So I asked him to come to the hotel instead of yelling down the phone at me. Which he did and I was finally able to actually get a word in and explain my reason behind why I had walked away from Nik. If someone would have told me a couple years that Damon would be defending Nik I wouldn't believe it for a moment, but the time that we had been in New Orleans a bond was built between them both. They had something in common and that was me, with Damon know how much Nik means to me just walking away as I did was something he knew I would never do.

"That's what you told him and he freely just let you walk away?" Damon didn't sound to convince by everything I told him, I guess he knew Nik and he wasn't one to back down and allow me to walk away from our relationship, but he didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

"Nik has a new distraction now, with Cami becoming a vampire, his going to do his best to redeem himself." Of course he will keep himself busy with that as he feels that it his fault that she had become what she is. If it stops him from trying to convince me with the dozen of messages and flowers of his undying love then it works in my favour for now.

"Klaus may have foolishly believed the words that came out of your mouth, but I am not buying it... not for a second." Damon knew me all too well not to just walk away from what Nik and I have, and I wish I can convince him that all this was true but that will never work. Damon knew me better than I knew myself at times, and he was right everything I spoke was to push him further away. With saying those words that our relationship was toxic that was the breaking point, Nik couldn't have any come back he knew that and I knew that.

"Well you have nothing to be guilty about do you? Nik done a lot of damage to our relationship and for this all to plan out, it's best for him to think I loathe him." There was no point in keeping up the charade with Damon just as long as other's around me friend or foe think I've given up on what we had that's all that mattered.