Chapter 2: Love after War

:: A Week and a Half Later ::

Kay’s POV

So, ever since Janelle came home soaking wet and broken down, we’ve been at my house, and Jessi and I are comforting her. We’re taking her to the mall today to get her mind off of Chres. Right now she is taking another one of her Hour Showers. She’s been taking long showers lately and every time we check on her she’s either crying or sitting in the corner of the shower and she keeps Bridget Kelly’s Special Delivery on replay for hours. I hate seeing my bestie like this. She really did love Chres and she’s been hurt before. As for my little brother, he’s been staying with my aunt while I take care of Janelle. My nana is still with her guy friend. The guys have been staying at Prod’s house and they had a “Mindless Behavior” rehearsal yesterday and Craig beat Chres’s ass, but of course Prince being the peace maker, he broke up the fight and told them that they had to get along for the sake of Mindless Behavior. They settled their beef and Chres still never said who he cheated on her with and Janelle said she knows but she won’t tell us. Jessi ballerina bun and I put a pink bow in. Then Janelle finally came out the bathroom in some gray leggings, a flowy tank that said: LIVE LOVE LAUGH in gray and tan. Then she put on some gray flats with a bow on top. She had already curled her hair and she had in some silver hoops, and some tan rosary bracelets. Then she walked over to the dresser and put on some eyeliner and mascara and some lip gloss. Jessi walked in with her black pencil skirt and her pink ruffled top and some black flats and a pink head band and her naturally curly hair. We all stood up and grabbed our phones and money. “Damn Nelle you look good.” Jessi said. Janelle slightly chuckled and then smiled. “Yay!! She smiled.” I said and slapped her arm. Janelle laughed. “Shut up so we can go shop.” She said. We all laughed and got in my car and drove to the mall.

Janelle’s POV

We pulled up at the mall and it looked packed as usual. We hopped out and started walking towards the entrance. There were some boys standing around this car talking and they started whistling at us. “Aye lil shawty in the gray!” one called. He was kinda cute but you don’t approach me like that. I flicked him off and Jessi and Kay laughed. We walked in the mall and headed towards Wet Seal. We shopped for hours and I was finally over Chres. We were walking towards the food court and I spotted someone that looked like Chres from the back. He had his arm around some girl. Then he turned around and kissed her. I saw that it was Chres and…Stephanie. I felt the rage filling up as my blood boiled. I stormed towards them. “Stephanie, I thought we was cool.” I said with no emotion at all. She looked shocked. “Look I’m sorry Janelle and i-“ “Shut the fuck up hoe!!! I can’t believe you would sleep with my boyfriend!! You did me so dirty and if you weren’t pregnant I would beat your stupid ass!!!” I snapped. “Hey y’all need to calm down, people are staring.” Chres said. “Oh shut the f*ck up. I can’t believe that I thought that you loved me and I gave you my f*cking virginity and you go and cheat with one of my best friends and get her pregnant!!!” I yelled. He stood there speechless. Then he finally spoke up. “I’m sorry Janelle and I do love you.” He pleaded. I slapped him so hard. “Bull shit!! F*ck you both!” and with that I strutted off. Kay and Jessi looked at me shocked. I picked up my bags and Kay and Jessi did the same and we walked to a table and sat down. I sat there and tapped my leg. “… so umm do you want to eat?” Kay asked nervously. “No.” I said with no emotion what so ever. “Ok. Me and Jessi will be right back. We’re gonna go get some Tasty China.” She said. I nodded and looked away. They got up and I just sat there pissed. When they came back Jessi sat a box of food in front of me. “We know you don’t want to eat, but we got your favorite.” She said. “yea, General Tsou chicken with extra sesame seeds.” Kay added. I looked at them with their puppy dog faces and smiled at them. “Fine.” I said. they laughed. “We knew you couldn’t resist us.” Kay said flipping her hair. I laughed. “Oh shut up.” “So I can’t believe it was Stephanie.” Jessi said taking a bite of her honey wings. “Me either but it’s whatever cause I’m over it.” I said and ate a spoon full of rice. After we ate we went back to Kay’s house and dropped everything off. Then we went back to my house and Prod and Prince were sitting on the couch playing the game. Jessi went and sat on Prince’s lap along with Kay and they started making out. I giggled and shook my head. I walked into the kitchen where Ray was sitting at the table eating some Ramen Noodles. Now I can finally see how me and Ray could work. “hey.” I said. “Oh hey. How are you?” he said and stood up. “I’m fine.” I replied and hugged him. “That’s good.” He said. “Ray?” I asked as I began to get nervous. “what’s up.” He said and sat back down to eat. I sat across from him. “umm…do you still feel that way about me?”  I asked. “What way?” he said with a mouth full of noodles. I giggled and shook my head. “Do you still want me as more than a friend.” I said and looked down at my hands nervously. “Of course I do. Why?” he asked as he got up and put the empty bowl in the sink. I stood up. “Actions speak louder than words right?” I said nervously and walked towards him. He nodded. “yea.” “well, listen closely.” I said and smashed my lips into his. He didn’t hesitate at all. He grabbed my waist pulling me closer as our lips moved in sync. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. I pulled away and left our foreheads touching. “What was that for?” he asked out of breath. “I want you just as much as you want me.” I replied. He smiled and pecked my lips softly one more time. I smiled as my stomach filled with butterflies. “So how about we go to Isaiah’s basketball game tonight?” he said while spinning me around. Isaiah is the kid he babysits sometimes. I smiled. “Sure.” I replied. “Great.” He whispered in my ear. That sent chills down my spine. He kissed my cheek and then we walked back to the living room. Prod and Prince were teaching Kay and Jessi how to play grand theft auto. We sat on the couch and he wrapped his arms around me.