Chapter 13: Enough Of No Love/New Family

Jessi’s POV

The next morning I woke up smiling. I don’t know why but I’m really happy today. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I hopped in the shower and washed up. I got out and put on my pink and white bikini and some white denim shorts. Then I put on my I <3 LA tank top and my pink flip flops. I left my hair wet and put it up in a bun. Then I grabbed my phone and the bag I packed to stay the night over at Nelle’s. I went down the hall to see if my mom left for work. she did so I went downstairs and ate some cereal. While I was eating I got a call from Devin. “Hello?” “hey beautiful. Wassup?” Devin said. I smiled really big. “Nothing just eating some cereal about to go to Janelle’s house.” I replied. “Well that’s good so are you still down for chilling later?” he asked. I knew he was smirking. “of course. I’ll call you before I come over.” I replied laughing. “Good. I’ll be waiting. Bye beautiful.” He said. I smiled again. “Bye Devin.” I said and hung up. I smiled and put away my bowl and grabbed my stuff and my car keys and left. I drove to Janelle’s house where the girls were waiting for me outside. “Dang girl what took you so long?” Nelle said getting into the back seat. “I know. We were waiting for like 20 minutes.” Kay said as she closed the door to the passenger side. “Sorry I was on the phone with Devin.” I said smiling to myself. “Mhmm.” Kay said smirking. We all laughed as I drove to the beach. We all got out and laid out our towels and stuff. Then we ran into the water and started splashing around. We did that for about an hour and then went and played beach volley ball with some guys. We played around on the beach for about 3 hours and then we drove back to Janelle’s house and showered up. When we were done we chilled and watched movies. Then I decided I would go chill with Devin. I had on some short denim shorts and a Marilyn Monroe half top. I slid on my gray chucks. “Alright I’ll see y’all later I’m gonna go chill with Devin for a while.” I said to Kay and Janelle. “Mhm go head girl!” Janelle said. I laughed. “Whatever. Y’all just don’t get too bored without me.” I said. “Oh trust me they won’t.” Ray said walking out of the back with Prod. I shook my head. “bye y’all.” I said. they all waved as  I walked out the door and got in my car. I was on my way to Devin’s house when I decided to go get me an Arizona Tea so I changed directions and drove to the gas station. On the way to the gas station my car started to slow down. It came to a stop right in front of the Liquor Store and an alley. “What a perfect place for my car to stop.” I said sarcastically to myself. I pulled out my phone and called Devin. “Helloo?” he chimed. I laughed. “Devin my car stopped on the side of the road. Can you bring me some gas?” “Sure beautiful. Where you at?” “Umm. I’m across from that really old Liquor Store.” “Umm…Uncle Hal’s?” he asked. “yea.” “Alright I’m on my way. Don’t get out of the car.” He said and hung up. I wonder why he said don’t get out of the car. I shrugged and sat there for about 5 minutes playing Temple Run on my phone. “Maybe they have Arizona’s in there.” I said to myself. I got out the car and made my way to the little old liquor store. It smelt so bad and there were ugly old men and wanna-be teen thugs. I shook my head and walked towards the back to the coolers. I saw the Arizona’s so I opened that one but they didn’t have tea so I just left. I walked back towards my car. When I went to reach for the door one of the thugs from the liquor store stopped me. “Damn shawty where you goin?” he said and grabbed my hand. “none of your damn business now let me go.” I said and snatched my hand away. “Mmm Fiesty I see.” He said and got in my face. I pushed him back and he grabbed my arm really tight. “Ow!!! Please let go that really hurts.” I squealed out. “This is what attitude get’s you.” He said and squeezed tighter causing me to squeal out in pain. His other hand grabbed my boob. I squealed out. “STOPPIT!!!” I yelled. “HELP!! PLEASE!!!” I squealed. Then Devin ran up and pushed the guy away. “Aye man leave her alone!!” he said as the guy fell on the ground. They got up and fought for a little while but then Devin knocked him clean out. Devin then came over to me and grabbed my hands. “Are you ok? Did he hurt you?” he asked as he looked over my face. “I’m fine he just hurt my arm.” I said looking down at the red mark on my arm. He looked at it and hugged me tightly. I hugged back and buried my head into his chest. I was still a little scared. “Listen. Drive my car back to my house and I’ll put the gas in yours and drive it back to my house.” He said. “Ok.” He handed me the keys and I got into his car. He kissed my cheek and I smiled and drove to his house. When I got there I went in using the key that was on his key chain. I went up the stairs and looked in Lynnie’s room and she was asleep. I went in his room and kicked off my shoes. I laid back on the bed and slowly dozed off.