Chapter 6: Everyday It'll Rain

Prod's POV

The next morning it was around 9:40 when I woke up. Kay was still asleep so I slipped out of the bed and went to the bathroom to do my hygiene. In the middle of brushing my teeth Kay walked in and smacked my butt. I spit and then laughed. “Well goodmorning to you too.” I said and wiped my mouth. She smiled and started brushing her teeth. I kissed her cheek and then went back out to my room. I slid on my black and red wife beater and walked down stairs. Jessi and Prince were sitting on the couch kissing. “Damn y’all wake up and make out.” I said. they both jumped and I chuckled. Kay came down and pecked my lips. I smiled as she went in the kitchen and fixed her some Frosted Flakes. I fixed me some and sat down beside her to eat. When we got done we joined Jessi and Prince in the living room and watched Ridiculousness. I love this show. It’s hilarious. Then Ray came down the stairs with Janelle on his back and they went in the kitchen. I got up to get me a Gatorade and they were eating some Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Then everyone came in the kitchen and we just chilled in there talking about Daniel’s party and some Mindless Behavior stuff. Around 1 o’clock we all decided that we were gonna go to the water park. We all went up and got ready and came back down. We were chilling in the living room because we were going to go at 3. Then the unexpected happened. My mom walked through the door and went straight up the stairs. All of us exchanged looks of confusion and nobody knew what to expect. Janelle got up and walked in the kitchen. Ray and I got up and followed. She was leaning on the counter running her hands through her hair. “You alright Nelle?” I asked. “I’m fine.” She replied and grabbed a water out of the fridge. Then my mom came down with a  giant suitcase and she sat it by the counter and walked in the kitchen and paused when she made eye contact with Janelle. Janelle rolled her eyes and went to Ray and pecked his lips and leaned on him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and gave me a look that read ‘I’m so confused’ and I nodded in agreement. “What happened to Chresanto?” my mom said staring intensely at Janelle. “He’s a low down dirty cheater.” Janelle said with attitude. “Oh that’s a surprise.” My mom said sarcastically. Janelle turned around and shot her a glare. “what the hell does that mean?” she snapped. “I don’t know who the hell your little hoe ass is talking to.” My mom shot back. Ray’s and I’s mouths dropped. “Hoe?” Janelle shouted. Then Kay, Jessi, and Prince appeared around the corner peaking into the kitchen. “Did I stutter?” My mom snapped. “I know you not calling me a hoe cause the first thing you did when daddy died was go spreading your f*cking legs to every dude that showed you the simplest bit of sympathy!!!!” Janelle shouted getting in my mom’s face and then what happened next was unbelievable.

Janelle’s POV

This bitch really did call me a hoe. I give a damn if she is my mom. “I know you not calling me a hoe cause the first thing you did when daddy died was go spreading your f*cking legs to every dude that showed you the simplest bit of sympathy!!!!” I shouted in her face. Then I fell to the floor crying with a sharp stinging sensation on my cheek. I looked up to see my mother with her hands cupped over her mouth. Everyone stood there in shock. I stood up slowly and looked at her. “Oh my goodness. Nelle I’m so sorry baby girl.” my mom said as she reached out to touch me. I smacked her hand down. “I f*cking hate you!!!!” I yelled and ran to the living room. I grabbed my tank top throwing it over my head and my car keys. I ran out the door and hopped in my car. Tears overflowed my eyes as I cried and banged on the steering wheel. I cranked up the car and sped off down the road. I drove to the cemetery and ran to my dad’s grave and dropped to my knees crying. I shouted and banged on the ground. “Daddy!!! What am I supposed to do!!! Can you please come back!!!” I screamed and cried even harder. Then it began to rain. I got up and ran to the car and got in turning on the heat. My phone wouldn’t stop ringing so I threw it in the backseat and cried even harder. I pulled off and began driving back to my neighborhood. It was getting really difficult to see with all the rain and me crying so right when I turned on the windshield wipers I saw a huge truck speeding towards me and then I blacked out.