145. Waves

"There's definitely someone out there doing worst than you, but that does not mean your pain doesn't count. Whether it's small waves or big waves it's still waves. It does not have to be a tsuinami to be a wave . "
-----------------------------------------------------
In case you didn't understand the hidden message behind this, I was writing about how people always say , " There's always someone way worst than you out there". There's always someone worst but it doesn't mean I don't matter. It's our story and our pain . Why does it have to be compared to someone else's? This was something I never once understood.

I Guess it was once used to encourage people to live on and be strong . But I felt that that sentence was secretly telling others that the things we go through is nothing compared to others. And I agree, that's correct. There's always someone doing worst. But our story & pain does matter. It makes us who we are. To compare us to someone worst, that sentence basically secretly saying that our story and pain is NOT a good matter compared to those having a harder time out there.

So does that mean we have to live in the slums for our stories & pain to matter? Do we have to live deprived of water for our stories to matter? Do we have to be orphans for our stories to matter? Definitely not.

We all lead different lives and everyone's story will definitely matter and it could play a huge role in helping others who are going through a similar process.

That's why I dislike the sentence , " There's always someone worst out there."

We all know that but I feel that it says that our stories don't matter compared to those having a harder time. I could always compare and say, " There's always someone having it better than me." But people would call that , " Being ungrateful."

To conclude: You do matter. Your pain. Your story. It matters. No matter what other people say. Sadness is not a competition to who has it worst. We cannot compare someone else's pain to another person because pain has no level. It's how everyone handles it.