Chapter 10: Brother's Blood

~ Chapter 10: Brother's Blood ~

Donovan frowned as the broken glass crunched under his heavy boot. It pissed him off to no end of how stubborn she could be. Despite that lovely flaw of her's that burned brightly in her eyes at times, both he and Cameron were glad that her and Saige weren't hurt. They had ended the little meet and greet with Kai and Saige seeing them off as they made their way back to her mother's. In the meantime, they had come to her apartment, completely ignoring the yellow police tape on the door as their keen eyes took in account every single detail.

The broken lock on the door, the shattered remains of a lamp near the coffee table, a bullet hole in the wall and last but not least, a single drop of blood staining the carpet.

"Cameron, check this out," Donovan called to his brother as he stooped down over the blood to assess it. Pressing his finger into the blood he brought it to his nose inhaling it's scent and all the information it carried before offering it to his brother.

"Smells human." Cameron said before licking the blood from Donovan's finger. His eyes shifted from his normal hazel greens to a more frightful black with red irises. It was his special talent that not even his brother has. It was called fury. The power of decrypting blood of human or beast and being able to play out their past actions almost identically, even hours after the fact.

Cameron stood and breathed easy.

"Do you see what happened?" Donovan asked him watching him.

"He picked the lock to the front door and entered there. He stood about here going through drawers when he knocked the lamp over causing it to break." He frowned.

"What was he looking for?" Donovan inquired.

"Better question is why would he waste his time looking through drawers when Saige's Playstation is right in front of him? Something he could actually sale for money..." Cameron said looking around the living room.

"This wasn't some random break-in, whoever did this wanted it to look that way."

"That's just the half of it, Kai attacked him here. They struggled a moment with him on top of her..." Cameron growled pinching the bridge of his nose. "She is so stupid." he growled out after a minute of silence. The more he tapped into his talent, the more it got the better of him. He was starting to crave again.

"Cameron, let it go before you go mad." Donovan snapped grabbing the collar of Cameron's shirt and pulling his brother to him. Cameron was just as unstable as their beloved nephew and Donovan couldn't have him going on a twenty-four hour blood run. Who knows how many people he'll kill this time. The first place he try to go was straight to Kai and Donovan couldn't have that either. Gripping the back of his neck he pulled Cameron into a hug. He knew what he had to do and with that thought in mind he whispered, "Drink." and in a flash, Cameron sunk his fangs deeply into his brother's neck tasting his rich crimson.

Brother's blood had a calming effect on him. It threw him back into reality long enough to pull free of the fury. The fury was dangerous to tap into but over the years he's been able to control it at will. The only downside of this talent of his is that it's linked to emotions. He needed a leveled head when calling for it and anything else wouldn't sit right with him. Anger, sadness, love? All had to be extinguish before hand, it was the only way.

"That's enough!" Donovan growled pushing Cameron back as his eyes slowly but surely faded back to their light olive green orbs. He brought his thumb to his mouth and bit down drawing his own blood. With that, he sealed his brother bite on his neck. He had let him feed a little too much this time but he was fine, for now.