Chapter 9: Sugar Coated

~ Chapter 9: Sugar Coated ~

"You're lying." I groaned hearing those words come from Donovan's lips as I tried telling him not to waste his time coming over to fix the damn toilet. I had told him that maintenance guy in my building had stopped by and fix the thing but of course he saw right through my lie, even over the phone. I didn't want him and Cameron knowing about what happened last night because they'll just worry and show up anyway.

"I'm not, It's just..."

"Just what?" I sighed giving in, no point in lying right?

"Someone broke into my apartment last night and-"

"Who was it? Are you and your son ok?" He demanded.

"Yes we're fine and I don't know. He was wearing a mask." I frowned. "Please don't make a big deal about it. I'm fine, my son is fine." I sighed closing my eyes.

"Where are you now?" He asked and I bit my lip peeking into the kitchen where Miss Maybelline was drinking coffee and reading the paper. "Baby, where are you staying?" he asked again.

"I'm staying with my mother for the time being." I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" he asked.

"My... mother don't like you two. She told me to keep my distance from the both of you."

"She's never met us, how could she not like us?" He said and I could hear him scowling if that was possible.

"I don't know but I just don't feel right inviting someone she doesn't know or like for that matter into her home."

"Understandable, have you had breakfast yet?"

"I was too upset to eat, the most I've had was toast and juice."

"Let us take you and your son out for breakfast, please?"

"Donovan, I would have never taken you as a begging man." I giggled and he sighed.

"I'm not but for you, I'll be anything you want."

"O- Oh, that's too sweet." I said and mentally slapped myself, I sounded so stupid.

"Go get ready, we'll be waiting." he said and I knew the place where we'll be eating. Hanging up the phone, I had Saige get dressed and did so myself.

"And where do you think your going?" Miss Maybelline asked smiling.

"Out for breakfast." I said not turning to face her. If I do she see what I was planning and that's' the only reason why I haven't told Saige yet.

"Oh, well have fun." she said walking off and we left her house and hopped into my car taking off.

"We're going for breakfast momma?" Saige asked.

"Yup, we're going to have breakfast with some friends of mine." I said smiling.

"I'm getting chocolate chip pancakes." He said as we walked into the diner. It smelled like fresh coffee and brought a smile to my face. I spotted Cameron and Donovan sitting at a booth with a waitress hovering over the table. Rolling my eyes, I held Saige's hand as we made our way over. Cameron smiled standing along with Donovan who turned seeing us.

"Kai, you look beautiful." Cameron said and I blushed.

"Oh, is this your girlfriend?" Asked the waitress looking me up and down and rolled her eyes and walking off. I bit my tongue and turned, giving them both a kiss on the cheek.

"Guys, this is my son, Saige." I said and watched Saige carefully. Saige stood in front on me looking in between both Donovan and Cameron. His eyebrows frowned a little before a big smile broke over his face having him turn to me.