Chapter 2: CEO(s)

~ Chapter 2: The CEO(s) ~

Picture of The Salvatore Brothers on the side.

There I stood like a freaking idiot staring at this man like Eve in the garden of Eden, staring at that apple and all I wanted to do was take a bite. I licked my slightly dry lips and blinked a few times. What the hell was wrong with me?! I seen men before. They weren't all that and they definitely didn't capture my breath like this one did before me now.

Ripping my eyes away from him, I looked at Mr. Harris as he all but stared daggers at the guy.

"I can come back another time." I said setting Mr. Harris's coffee on his desk and making my way past the nameless God of a man. Closing the door behind me, I could finally breath. Plopping down in the swivel chair at my desk, I logged into my computer and immediately threw myself into work. A paper ball landed on my keyboard making me blink and look up to my crazy co-worker, Nicole. I smile shaking my head as she made her way other with the 'click, click.' of her heels and a sway of her hips.

"Damn girl, you so fine..." She said oh so seriously trying not to smile.

"Where's my money ho?" I asked typing away.

"Please big daddy, just... just give me more time." She pleaded and I busted out laughing. She laughed too sitting on the edge of my desk.

"You coming to happy hour after work?" Nicole asked.

"Oh, you know I can't."

"Come on, you need to loosen up a bit. You been working here for what? Two months? It's a little sad that I'm your only friend. You need more friends or at least a love interest." Nicole smirked. At that moment, that guy came walking out of Mr. Harris's office with a nasty look on his face. It was a shame seeing such a look on a handsome face as his. "Speaking of love interest..." The guy glanced over at me and the look faded quickly like before. He got on the elevator leaving.

"God, I just want to break me off a piece of that white chocolate." Nicole said and I laughed.

"Girl, that's sexual harassment."

"Not if he likes it and trust me, he'll love this Coco Queen." Nicole said biting her cap of her pen. Nicole was crazy, let's just put that out there. She was the kind of girl that lived in the moment and never regretted anything. She was single, no children and plenty of free time on her hands. She loved to drink but wasn't an alcoholic, she was very responsible in that area. She was a petite woman at five foot three with hips galore. With a coco skin complexion, hazel eyes and light brown hair; she was beautiful and wasn't afraid to show it or show out. Hint to the title she dubbed herself, the Coco Queen.

"You're crazy."

"You're saying that like you ain't know." She laughed smoothing her pencil skin down and flipping her hair back over her shoulders. "So, you coming or not?"

"One drink, alright." I gave in and she smiled clapping her hands together.

"Yay, best friend's coming to happy hour!" She cheered and I rolled my eyes typing away the financial report for last month to give to Mr. Harris. At the mention of his name, he came walking out his office and look directly at me.

"Ms. Devereux, a word please." He said then marched right back into his office.

"I'll talk to you later, girl." Nicole said walking off back to her desk.

Walking into Mr. Harris's office with the reports in hand, I saw him glaring at the screen.

"Damn it!" he cursed clicking away at the mouse.