Chapter 7: A Chance For Trust

~ Chapter 7: A Chance For Trust ~

Picture of Travis on the side.

"I can't believe I let Nicole talk me into this." I say to myself as I walked into the restaurant. I grabbed a seat at the bar and ordered myself a drink. A Cosmo with a thin slice lemon on the sugar-coated rim. I dressed in the classic little-black-dress look with my hair in its natural curls. I wore cute red gladiator heels, about five or six inches. I was feeling good, feeling sexy. It's been a while since I could just throw on a cute dress and go out. Saige was becoming a little more independent and wanted to spend time with Miss Maybelline which was good for me to go out and have a little fun. It's been a few weeks since that night where Donovan nearly broke my door down, I been stressing over replacing the chain lock and now all of a sudden, the toilet started leaking a few days ago.

My thoughts went back to the Salvatore brothers automatically. I haven't spoken to Donovan nor Cameron in weeks. Maybe they finally got the message that I'm not interested in their crazy secret sex circle or whatever the hell they want to call it. I was a one guy kind of girl and to be perfectly honest, threesomes scared me. A threesome with Donovan and Cameron terrified me more. Struck in between to alpha males can be quite intimidating. Though, my interest in the topic was driving me crazy.

I kept having these erotic dreams about the Salvatores. It started a couple days ago and the one the night before had me coming in my sleep.

"Hey, you must be Kai..." I turned seeing the guy. He was tall, dark skinned and had a nicely trimmed goatee. His ears were pierced and held cubic zirconia studs. He had dark brown eyes and a small tattoo on the side on his neck. It wasn't really clean to see exactly what it was but I was never afraid of a little bit on ink on a guy. It's the people that get carried away with it but I'm sure they're nice too.

This was the guy Nicole set me up on a blind date with. He was a friend of a friend in her words.

"And you must be Travis." I smiled shaking his hand as he sat down next to me. "Nicole told me a lot about you."

"Yeah, I heard a few things about you too. Through, I must say you're a whole lot more beautiful than I imagined." He said eyeing me from head to toe and I blushed slightly.

"Hi, what can I get for you two?" asked the bar tender.

"Oh, I'll like the um-"

"I'll have a Sam Adams and she'll have a Lone Island Ice Tea." Travis said, cutting me off before I cold speak.

"Oh that's too much liquor for me. I'll just have another Cosmo." I smiled at the bar tender.

"Aw come on its just a drink. She'll take the Long Island." he said once more making me frowned a bit. I eyed him a moment but returned his smile once he turned his attention back to me. "So you work with Nicole, how long you known her?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah we work together. I've known her for a few months now. What about you, Nicole tells me you're cop."

"Detective actually, been on the force for seven years." He smiled.

"Is that something you always wanted to do?" I asked.

"I just like kicking ass and taking names you know?" He laughed. "I guess you could say I have a passion for what's right and what's wrong." He continued to say. Soon after, our drinks came and I slowly sipping mine as he told me a story of how he was in a high speed chase with some nutcase on a cocaine high, ending in a spin out and having the car flip over on its roof.

"Oh yeah, I think I heard about that in the news." I said in pure aw. "Doesn't that get scary from time to time?" I asked and he shrugged it off as if it were nothing.