Breaking Out

Cassandra lay on the floor of the cell. Her clothes were covered in dirt, and they were ripped. Her pink hair was now almost brown with dirt, and some blood. Luckily, not hers. Her piercing green eyes, had lost all hope. Her cell was silent, and blocked out all sounds coming from the giant kingdom above her. There was a tiny window, near the roof, that let in cold sunlight. She lightly ran her hand over the stone bricks, moss growing in the cracks, as she gazed down into the puddle at herself. The puddle would occasionally ripple with the irregular dripping. Her cell was 10 metres under ground, and she had been locked in the silence for most of her life.

As she moved her hand further along the wall, she heard the chains being dragged, making a clanking noise. She stopped, and sighed. Suddenly, she heard a scuffle coming from the wall to her right. She looked up, curiously, to hear muffled voices, to muffled to make out words.

And then, part of the wall swung open to reveal four guys, one holding a torch. For a moment, there was just silence, as each person stared at the other. Then, a ginger haired man, most likely the leader, stepped forward.

"Are you Cassandra?" He asked, his English accent poking through.

"Yeah" Cassandra stuttered, a little shocked. The man smirked.

"We're here to break you out"

All four men walked into the cell.

"I'm Tom" the ginger said as another man ran forward, bolt cutters lining up with the chains.

"That's Jono" he said, pointing to the man as he crouched beside her. She heard a snap, followed by a clang. Tom helped her to her feet, and she rubbed her wrists, where they chains had held her.

She looked at Jono. He had black hair, cut short, and pale blue eyes. He nodded his greetings and snatched the torch from Tom.

"Come on, we have to go before they catch us" he said, walking back towards the tunnel. Tom sighed, and turned to Cassandra as the other two guys followed Jono.

"You comin?" He asked. Cassandra grinned and followed Tom into the dark tunnel.