Lost in a Maze

3 hours later, everyone was gathered in the main hall. There were crates of TNT, that sat on trolleys. They decided that the less people that went, the better, so it was Cassandra, Tom, Alex, Jono, Leo, and 2 others, a brother and sister, each with blond hair and green eyes.

Tom held the map and scanned the maze of tunnels, trying to find the quickest route.

"Lets take this one. I don't think it's the quickest, but it will do." He said to Cassandra. She nodded.

"Lead the way" she said. Tom and Cassandra walked up front, Alex, Jono and Leo walked in the middle, with the brother and sister pulling the trolleys of explosives behind them.

Tom led them to a small hill, a sewage gate on the side. Grass grew over the grate, and Alex and Jono came forward and pulled the it off, taking half the weeds with them. Tom went first, him holding the map, Cassandra followed. Soon they were in the dark. Alex lit a torch and passed it to Cassandra. They walked with their heads down slightly so that they didn't scrape on the roof, and soon came out into an opening. A long tunnel, with lots of routes snaking off in different directions. There were paths on either side of the river of waste in between.

They chose the right path, seeing as the first turn was on the right side.

"Yuck" Alex muttered as he saw rats scuttle into the corners.

"What, don't like rats?" Cassandra teased.

"And you do?" Alex asked.

"When you spend eighteen years in a cell with rats you get used to them" she shrugged.

"Where's the first turn?" Jono shouted to Tom.

"Up ahead" Tom answered.

He groaned.

Cassandra glanced back at the brother and sister, talking to each other as they each pulled a trolley of TNT. She handed the torch to Leo, and stopped until they caught up.

"What are your names?" She asked.

"I'm Rosie" the girl said.

"Duncan" the boy nodded.

"Your Cassandra, right?" Rosie asked.

"That's right" she said.

"Are you really the saviour?"

Duncan laughed. "Don't bombard her with questions Rosie."

"Sorry" Rosie blushed. Cassandra laughed.

"It's ok, I don't mind, really"

They continued talking, taking the occasional turn. Rosie and Duncan were really nice. Duncan was a scientist and Rosie helped him around his lab, cleaning up after him whenever possible. They were also from earth, friends of Tom.

Suddenly, they stopped.

"You ok Tom?" Shouted Cassandra.

"No...this can't be right..." She heard him mutter. She frowned and pushed her way up to the front.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"This shouldn't be here" he muttered again.

"That tunnel shouldn't be here"

Their eyes met and their was a few seconds of silence, then they both clicked.

"We took a wrong turn" Tom yelled.

"We took a wrong turn in this stupid maze and now I don't know where we are!"

"Calm down" Cassandra said, but he was also starting to panic.

"Try to remember the turns we took"

He closed his eyes, and repeated

"Left, right, left, left, right..."

His eyes opened and he looked down at the map. He spent a few moments examining it.

"Here" he said, pointing to a tunnel.

"We're here. If we go down this tunnel, we can loop around, and enter the tower here" his finger traced a tunnel that led to the tower.

Cassandra smiled.

"Ok" he said. "Lead the way, oh great map reader"

He smiled as she laughed and they continued through the sewage system.