Celebrating too Soon

All 2000 people were gathered in the meeting hall. The conversation died down as the group stood on the stage. Tom grinned.

"It's gone" he said. Cheering filled the hall.

"The tower is destroyed"

That night, everyone had a feast to celebrate the first step of their revolution. The hall was filled with chatting and laughing. People smiling and eating and patting each other on the backs. Cassandra sat with Tom and the others, talking about their next plan. They would announce it tomorrow. They were going to sneak in, and kill the king, then imprison anyone who stands with him.

An hour later, Cassandra was in her room, reading a book. It was quite good. It was about two men, who had gone on a quest to kill a pale faced man with red eyes. It was called Shadow of Israphel.

She frowned, looking up, noticing the silence. Usually, she could hear the chatting from the main hall, no mater how quiet, but now, there was nothing. Just the unusual silence.

She stood up, placing the book on her nightstand and padding over to the door. She peeked out, only to find the marble corridor empty. She walked out, closing the door behind her. She headed down to the main hall, humming slightly to herself. She passed a window, and was yanked back into an adjoining corridor, a hand over her mouth. She struggled, and went to hit her attacker when she saw it was Tom. He pressed a finger to his lips, and she nodded. He took his hand down, and held her back as he peeked around the corner. Cassandra did to, gasping at the sight.

Two of the kings guards patrolled past, each talking quietly to themselves. Cassandra turned to Tom.

"What's going on?" She asked, fear striking her voice.

"The kings getting his revenge. He wants us dead."

Cassandra's eyes widened.

"What do we do?"

"Run" Alex said. Cassandra only noticed now that Alex, Jono, and Leo were here as well, hiding in the shadows. Cassandra nodded.

"We run" she agreed.