The War

The revolution was beginning. A wave of two thousand people swept threw the city, destroying anything thy stood in their way. They were once afraid of the lights in the sky. But they now had the courage. They had the courage to fight back. The king was dead. I had killed him. And now, we must demolish the tower.

"Cassandra!" Tom yelled at me. I looked up.

"Lets go!"

I grinned and ran after him. We ran to the tower, meeting the army as they stopped outside. Everyone looked at me. Silence spread quickly, and everyone waited for me to say something.

"I am Cassandra!" I yelled.

"I am a goddess, sent to lead the revolution. I have killed the king, and we now must destroy the tower to free this world!"

Everyone cheered. Tom looked at Cassandra.

"You knew?" He asked.

"I always knew I was a goddess. I just, held back my power."

He grinned and Cassandra ran into the tower, followed by the army. It took ages to get to the top.

People attacking an defending, screaming and crying. Golems came from no where, attacking people, killing groups before falling.

But finally, they got to the top. Cassandra stood over the main control panel, as the fighting went on behind her. She held her knife in a two handed grip. A wound cut her face, swirling from her lip to her ear, drawing blood. She was panting, her clothes spattered with blood. Some her own, some not.

She brought the knife down, it's blade digging into the machine. The machine groaned, sparking and such, until each golem, fell down.

Lifeless.

Dead.

Cassandra suddenly felt light headed and she fell back. Someone caught her and he looked up to see Tom, smiling down at her.

"We did it" he whispered.

"We freed the world."

He was right. She had finished. There was no place for her on this earth. There was only one thing left to do...