Afterlife

The legend of Cassandra had said that a goddess would come down from the heavens. She would tell a city of people that the lights in the sky are stars, not spies, and lead them in their revolution to safety.

Before she left, Cassandra would use her power to summon a gift into the world, but she would have to leave it, for someone else to take care of.

No one knew why she meant, except one person...

1 year later...

Cassandra stood on the edge of a cliff, that overlooked a city of peace. The city had once been full of fear. But now, each person was happy. Cassandra had done her job. She must now leave. But before she goes, she must give one person her gift.

Tom walked up behind her.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked. Cassandra smiled, but didn't turn.

"Do you know about my legend Tom? About the gift I present to someone before I leave?"

"Yes?" I looked down at the gift I held gently in my hands and turned. Tom's eyes widened as he saw it. He walked up.

"She's beautiful" Tom mumbled as he stared down at the baby in my arms. The baby gazed up at him with big blue eyes.

"She is my gift to the world" Cassandra said.

"I want you to raise her."

Tom looked up, surprised.

"What? Raise her?"

"Yes Tom. But not here. She can't grow up in this world. Se must grow up in yours."

"Earth?"

Cassandra nodded.

"Earth." She agreed.

Tom took the baby from Cassandra, brushing a strand of bright red hair from its face.

"What's her name?"

Tom asked.

"Zoeya" Cassandra said.

"Her name is Zoeya."