The King

"Guard!" Cassandra yelled.

"Guard! Help!"

A guard came storming up.

"What do you want?" He grumbled.

"It's Tom!" She cried.

"He just collapsed on the floor"

The guard unlocked Tom's cell and moved in. Tom was lying on the floor, he looked pretty dead. The guard crouched next to him and Tom whipped his hand out out and suddenly there was a knife in the guards leg.

He screamed and backed up in surprise. Tom leapt up and hit the guard on the head, knocking him unconscious. He took the guards hand guns and keys, unlocking the cell next to him. He threw a gun to Cassandra.

"Right" she said.

"Lets go"

They sprinted down hallways, shooting anyone who tried to stop them. They made it to the kings rooms and burst threw the doors. He turned, furious, but his frown turned to a playful smile when he saw them.

"Look who got out again?" He taunted. Tom aimed the gun at his head.

"Don't shoot. That's mean" he said. Tom grunted. The king sighed.

"Look, ok?" He started slowly walking forwards, but neither Tom nor Cassandra noticed.

"What if, we have a truce? Huh? Doesn't that sound good? No more fighting, or violence, or-" he cut off by lunging forward, snatching the gun from Tom. Aiming it at Cassandra, who froze.

He was so close that she could reach out and touch him but the thought didn't cross her mind. There was a gun pointed at her head after all.

"Move and she dies" the king said, all playfulness gone from his voice. It was replaced by some sort of commanding tone.

"Wait..." Tom said. They started talking but Cassandra didn't notice, her eyes locked on the barrel of the gun. Her hand crept to her skirt, where she had a knife. Her fingers closed around the handle and she flickered her wrist up. The king stopped talking, his eyes wide. He looked down, a knife in his stomach. He looked up at Tom, straight into his eyes, and then collapsed on the floor.

He was dead.