Chapter 18

THANK YOU MEGMAC FOR LITTERALLY VOTING FOR ALL MY CHAPTERS IN THIS BOOK!! u helped me reach my goal of 400 votes BEFORE THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm exploding with happiness and im dedicating this chapter to you cause ur amazing!

"So...she did that?" Justin asked as I pulled out a picture off my phone of Lynn's bruised cheek. "Why didn't Lynn tell me?"

I sighed. "She was embarrassed."

"Over what?" Justin asked. "I wouldn't have done what I did..." his shoulders sagged, and he dropped his head into his hands. "It's all my fault..."

I drapped my arm across his shoulders, and sighed. "You didn't mean to."

"I'm sure she'll never want to talk to me again." he mumbled. "I'm a horrible person." I sighed.

"Yea.." I agreed, and his head snapped up.

"Thanks for the support, Kayt." he said before putting his head back in his hands. "Get your arm off me." he added.

"Why don't you just apologize?" Kayt asked.

"She'll never want to talk to me." I rolled my eyes, and pulled Lynn's number up on my phone, clicking the 'call' button, and pressing it to my ear.

"Hello?" Lynn answered. Her voice was all husky, like she'd been crying a few minutes before.

"Whats wrong?" I asked, standing to my feet. Justin's head snapped up at my sudden question and movement.

"What are you-"

I cut him off with holding up my index finger.

"Nothing." she said, sniffling.

"you sound like you've been crying." I added.

"Yea.." she said quietly. "Mom attacked me with a belt."

"What!? "I yelled. "Why?"

"No reason." Lynn said. "Rice too hot. Diet Coke so cold it hurt her two front teeth. Me ignoring her." I curled my hands into fists.

"Well..how badly are you hurt?" I asked. Justin sprang to his feet immediatly after I let the words slip through my lips.

"Not too badly." Lynn said. "Their's red marks all up and down my arms, and a few on my back. Other than that nothing too intense."

"That bastard." I muttered. Justin came over to where I was standing, and strained to hear our conversation. I shoved him away.

"Well..." Lynn said. "Why'd you call?" she asked.

"Umm..." I looked at Justin, who ran a hand across his neck, telling me silently to end the conversation. "Just called to check up on you."

"Oh.." Lynn said. "Can I stay at your house?" My eyes grew wide. I'm not home.

"When?" I asked.

"Tonight." Lynn said. "Duh."

"Time?" I asked, looking around the room nervously.

"I don't know. Whenever you want me there." I looked at the clock on Justin's bedside table. It read 5:30.

"How about around eight." I suggested.

"Sounds good." Lynn said. "See you then?"

"Yea." I said, and hung up.

"What's going on?" justin asked as soon as my phone was in my pocket.

"Her mom." I said, sighing. "She's staying at my house."

"I'm coming with you." Justin said quickly. "I'll go to apologize and if she doesn't want me back, then I deserve it, and I'll go sleep in a hotel or something."