Chapter 20

Justin

I paced the waiting room floor. Kayt and Christan sat in chairs, watching me. A nurse rushed past me, panick clear in her eyes. I sat down in a chair next to Kayt, and put my head in my hands.

"Why are you beating yourself up about this?" Kayt asked.

"If it wasn't for me, this would have never happened." I said, not looking up. "It's all my fault." Kayt sighed.

"It really isn't." Kayt said. I looked up, and she gave me a soft smile. "Don't beat yoursef up, Justin." I nodded, and leaned back in the hospital chair, closing my eyes.

"Uh-Oh." Christan said. My eyes fluttered open, and I looked over at Christan who was looking down at his phone. Kayt looked over at it, and laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"Justin Bieber yells at elder." Kayt read off his phone as she passed it to me. I took it out of her hands, and sure enough, there was a picture of me yelling at Lynn's mom, who merley smirked.

"Damn." I muttered, and almost tossed the phone onto the ground if Kayt hadn't taken it from my hand.

"Lynn's family?" a nurse said. I rose to my feet, and walked over to the lady. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Your-"

"Not important right now." I said, cutting her off. "I know who I am, lets talk about Lynn. Is she okay?" The nurse's eyes widdened, and she looked down at her clipboard.Kayt and Christan walked up behind me, and Kayt placed a hand on my shoulder. 

"She's still asleep." the nurse said. "But you can go stay in her room til she wakes up." I nodded, and walked down the hall. I didn't realize I didn't ask for the room number until Kayt caught up with me, and directed me to the correct room.

"Thanks." I said, looking at her before I opened the door.

"Well, I don't think doctors want Justin Bieber walking around, looking for a room with his girlfriend inside." Kayt said, smiling. "You gonna go in?" she asked.

I placed my hand on the doorknob, and turned it to the side, opening the door. Lynn lay on the bed, a bandage on her cheek, and medical gauze wrapped around her elbow. She had deep bruises on her face, and a few red spots on her arms.

"Here." Kayt said, pulling out a chair for me to sit. "Sit here. I'm gonna go get something to eat out of the vending machine. Want anything?"

I shook my head, and Kayt walked out of the room. Christan rose to follow, and he closed the door behind him. I sat there, in silence. The only sound coming from the heart monitor, and occasionally I'd hear the air conditioner kick on.

I sighed, and put my head back in my hands, closing my eyes. The door open and closed, but I didn't need to look up to know it was Kayt and Christan returning from their snack trip.

"Shhh." Kayt shushed. "He's asleep."

"Oh." Christan whispered. I heard them take a seat next to me, and quietly but quickly open up a bag of chips. The smell traveled over to me, and my stomach growled. Guess I was hungry.

"If he was hungry, I would have gotten him something too." Christan whispered. A moment later, I heard him munching on a chip, another sound to add to the heart monitor and the air conditioner.

Bored with hearing nothing, I look up, and over at Kayt and Christan.

"Your up." Kayt said, alittle louder.

"I've been up." I said.

"Want a chip?" Christan asked, passing a bag of barbque chips at me. I shrugged, and pulled out a few chips.