Chapter 8

| Next Day |

I woke up to the smell of eggs. My stomach growled as I sat up. I pushed Kayt over, and she sat up.

"I smell food." she said, and ran out the room and into the kitchen. I laughed at her, and got up myself. I walked into the kitchen, and peeked into Justin's room as I passed.

He wasn't in there. I walked into the kitchen, and noticed Justin was cooking.

"woah." I said, and Justin looked over at me and Kayt and me as we took a seat at the table.

"I said the same thing!" Kayt said, giggling. Justin placed a hot plate packed full of steamy, scrambled eggs, a buiscut, and bacon. My stomach growled again. I picked up my fork, and was about to stick it into my eggs, to begin eating, when Justin clapped his hands together.

"Who wants to pray?" I dropped my fork, and smiled.

"I will." he said, chuckling. He bowed his head, and Kayt and I did the same. Justin prayed, and when he finished I stabbed my eggs with my fork, taking the first bite of good cooking in weeks. I smiled as the warm eggs slid down my throat, and drove my fork back down to my plate for another taste.

"So." Justin said, eating his food standing. "What do you girls want to do today?" I looked at Kayt, and she shrugged.

"Ummm..." I thought a minute. "I really need to get a job..." I took another bite of my eggs.

"How old are you?" Justin asked.

"16." I answered.

"I'm 15!" Kayt said, smiling. "I felt like a third wheel." she looked down. Justin chuckled.

"Okay, so why look for a job." he said. "Why do you think you need a job so badly?"

I sighed. "We need the money, is all."

"I can pay for you," Justin said. "What is it you need to get?" I shook my head.

"Excuse us." Kayt said, grabbing my wrist.

"Wait." I said as she dragged me away. "My eggs! They are gonna get cold." Kayt laughed, and threw me into the room we slept in. Shutting the door, she leaned her back on the door.

"Can't you see?" she asked. "He likes you! We don't need jobs! He can just pay for everything."

"What?" I asked.

Kayt rolled her eyes. "Your blind aren't you?" I shrugged. "He likes you. Thats why he offered for us to stay here. That's why he made us breakfast, and thats why he wants to pay for everything."

I crossed my arms. "But I barely know him..." I said. Kayt shrugged.

"You don't have to tell him...just..let him do what he wants." she said. "Boys love to spoil the girls they like."

I thought of it for a minute. It did feel nice to actually have a place to stay and eat, without spending a dime...

"Fine." I said. "We won't go job hunting." Kayt smiled.

"Yay." she clapped her hand together, and we walked out of the room. Justin was cleaning up the kitchen of his breakfast mess. I finished my somewhat warm eggs, bacon, and busciut before running to the back to get dressed.

As I brushed my hair, I looked at myself. I looked old.

Just sit back, and listen to Kayt...I thought, and smiled. Kayt walked in, and smiled.

"Christan's here." she giggled. I smiled at her, and got out my clothes I was going to wear today.

"Awww." I said. "Someone likes Christann.." I cooed, and Kayt smiled, nodding.