First day on the job

I sit on the couch waiting for the driver to pick me up for my first day at Dante industries.

Thinking about yesterday gets me so upset. I feel really bad about leaving the diner on such short notice. I went to the diner yesterday and talked to Mel. He said it was alright and he understands I'm doing what is best for me. He didn't seem mad but he did seem upset. He told me to come and pick up my last check in two days. I told him okay and I hugged him and everyone else that works there. I'm going to miss all the customers.

I jump up when I hear a knock at the door and clumsy me trips over the rug and fall right over the small table I have in the living room. I stand up and fix my hair and make sure my clothes fit me just right. I open the door and to my surprise its Mr Dante standing at my front door with a small grin on his face. He looks delicious this morning! He's wearing a nice pair of jeans with a button up long sleeve black shirt. He looks amazing in dress clothes and in casual clothes.

"Good morning Miss Sanders how are you doing? Are you ready for your first day as my personal assistant?"

"Good morning sir. I'm doing lovely this morning. Yes I am ready for my first day as your personal assistant. Are you ready for your first day having me as your personal assistant?" I say as I give him a serious look.

He begins to laugh and tells me to come on. We go outside and I'm looking at a car I wouldn't expect to ever ride in. It's a Jaguar F-Type S AWD Convertible. It's a beautiful car. It's a dark red color with black rims. The car looks amazing and very expensive. He opens the door for me and I sit in the passenger seat. The interior of the car is the same red color as the exterior.

On the way there, he puts on music which is something else that surprised me. He listening to a symphony by Beethoven... Not sure which one but it sounded beautiful. The music is so calming and refreshing to me. We pull up to a parking garage and he rolls down his window placing his thumb on top of a small screen.

"What are you doing Mr Dante?" I ask

"This is the only way to get inside of the garage. Your fingerprint has to be programmed in the system to gain access" he says

The gate to the garage opens up and he drives inside parking his car in an assigned spot. Against the wall was a sign that said "K. Dante" it was nice to always have your own personal parking spot. I don't know why I care so much I don't even know how to drive.

He steps out the car and before I know it he is opening my door to let me out. We walk over to the elevator and he places his thumb over the fingerprint pad. The elevator doors open and we both step inside. He presses the number 40 button and the elevator begins to move. The doors open once the elevator comes to a stop and opens to a very elegant room. The floor looks to be made out of a dark hardwood, the walls are painted a beautiful light shade of grey, there is a long glass desk that has 10 beautiful iron chairs painted the same grey as the walls, there's a glass chandelier hanging above the desk, there's a large window that has amazing views of the city, and there are blueprints and final pictures of the companies most well known projects that are hung up on the walls.

"This is the conference room. I normally have all business meetings in here. Please have a seat so we can go over your contract and your pay" he says as he pulls a chair out.
He sits next to me and gives me a half grin.
"Miss Sanders as I original discussed you will work here Monday through Friday. I will need you to assist me at special events, trips out of town and overseas, and for anything that I see fit. I just never know when I have to schedule a meeting or decline one or even need you to take a number, email, or address down so that is why I need you to be near me most of the time. The company will pay for all expenses you have such as clothing for events, hair and makeup for events, and anything else you need in order to do this job. I will pay you 500,000 a year and it will gradually increase as I see necessary. Is that price good for you?" He says