~2

~Selah POV

We've been in this car for at least an hour, I'm really bored. I've read at least two complete chapters of my favorite book, Go Ask Alice, I'm a fast reader but still. She stooped "Hey Selah want to eat something from here?" she asked, I moved my eyes from the book and faced her. I was really hungry but I wasn't going to show it, I tried to be as cool as possible, "yeah sure, I'll eat anything" I said going back to my book. "ok" with that she left, and left me with the car on, I thought on running away with it, but that would be dumb.

I turned my phone on, damn it haven't been used in a year. As soon as I turned it on my phone started blowing up. All messages from my best friend, telling me how she misses me, and that she knows I can't read the messages but it makes her feel like she was talking to me, I felt bad, Then the last one said she was going to move to France; that one broke me. She's my everything, I don't have anyone else but her. Now I don't have anyone. I texted her to see if she could answer.

God Avi! I just got out of Juvie please tell me you are coming back.

'This number doesn't exist' was all I got as an answer.

Shanna came back with four bags of food, I wasn't going to eat all that. "Mm Shanna, I can't eat all that" I said and she smiled. "I know honey, I have two children and a husband at home" I nodded to let her know I understood. "I didn't know you had children, most of the time people that offer foster home don't have children" I said trying to start conversation, she looked nice so why not. "Oh I know, but I have three, the oldest is Lexi, she's going away for college so you will be using her room, I also have a boy Devin, he's about your age, and the youngest Jazzy" She said and I nodded, she started to drive again, and I was thinking a house with a husband, a wife, a daughter and a son, just like my family used to be.

The car stopped again. "We are here" she said. She got out the car and so did I, I picked my backpack and walked to the back of the car, she opened the trunk and helped me with one of the suitcases and I took the other one. She knocked on the door, a man, who I'm guessing is he husband opened he had a short girl in front of him, they let us in then we just stood there. "Hey, I'm Jazzy" she said with a big smile. I flashed a smile "I'm Selah" I said. Shanna introduced me to her husband (idk his actual name srry). "DEV COME DOWN HERE" Shanna yelled, and he came down, he was kind of cute, he is tall and he is dark skin like a chocolate ton, his eyes a hazel green and his curls were dark. As soon as he saw me he rolled his eyes, okay, he don't know me, he better not give me attitude, I don't think he is cute anymore.

"Help Selah take this suitcases to her new room" Shanna said. "You mean Lexi's room?" I saw the hate in his eyes. I just rolled mine, I saw Shanna mouth something to him but I didn't see what. He sighed and took my suitcases like they're not heavy, he walked upstairs and I followed, we walked in a room it looked like they tried to make it seem new, the room was clean and all the sheets were folded it was better than every other foster home I've been in. "this is 'your room' so if you need anything don't call me" he said making air quotes in your room, he walked out and slammed the door. At this point I don't care.

Heyyy so I want to keep this book ughh I like it. haha anyways I hope y'all like it. Devin is such a meany... and btw did y'all watch Controlla so gooood, Kevin sexy af...

WHY IS DEVIN SO MEAN?

WILL SELAH LIKE THIS HOUSE?