The Crocodile

I walked around town and was excited to see David in action as the acting sheriff. I know most people aren't too happy about that, but I think that it's the best thing for the town; well, at least till Emma, Mary-Margaret, and Hazelle return. I followed David back to the apartment and watched as he was getting ready to head out, but was stopped by Mr. Gold. I decided to listen in on this conversation because this should be interesting.

"May I have a word, Sheriff?" Mr. Gold asked confused as David was wearing the Sheriff badge.

"Uh, acting Sheriff. And I'm already late on another busy day, cleaning up the mess you made." David responded.

"My apologies. That was a moment of poor judgment on my part. And it's not lost on me that I'm now here to ask for your help." Mr. Gold told David.

"Well then, it shouldn't be lost on you when I say no." David bit back.

I couldn't help but giggle at that because it was true.

"Hear me out first. I'm here to report a missing person. She left my house early this morning, her name is Belle." Mr. Gold told David while handing him a piece of paper with Belle's picture on it.

"Back in our land, you mentioned you loved someone once. Is..." David started to say.

"Yes." Gold finished.

"You also said she died." David said confused.

"I'd thought she had." Gold replied sadly.

"Well, why don't you just use the tracking spell you gave me to find Jefferson?" David questioned.

"It only works if you have something the person owned. I don't." Gold replied.

"How can you be sure she's gone missing and not... Run away." David wondered.

"I can't. Look, the townsfolk are less than sympathetic to my plight. But you... You're in the rather unique position to understand exactly what I'm going through. Will you help me?" Gold asked as he played the guilt card.

I honestly hope that David doesn't help Gold, but does try to find Belle. I was shocked when David and Gold both walked out to locate Belle. I watched David talk to the townspeople and it was funny watching them tell him that they haven't seen Belle.

"Look, uh... can I ask you a question? A-About you and Mary-Margaret? H-How... How does that work? Gold asked and that pulled me from my thoughts.

"Are you asking dating advice?" David questioned.

"Course not, no." Gold stuttered.

"Honesty. That's how we did it. Had work, and being honest with one another." David told Gold.

"Well, I don't lie." Gold said.

"There's a difference between literal truth, and honesty of the heart. Nothing taught me that more than this curse." David said.

I need to quit spacing out because I'm missing interesting conversations. I followed David and Gold to Granny's and decided that I would just continue to walk around because I know that I'll catch up with them soon. After walking around, I came across a flower shop, and wouldn't you know that Gold, David, and another man were coming out.

"Where are you sending Belle across? You know we have patrols on the town line to make sure no one crosses accidentally. So how are you planning to pull it off?" David questioned the man, who I assume is Belle's father.

Wow. A father desperate to separate two people who truly love each other because he doesn't like the guy, but to make his own daughter forget him as well is just plain wrong.

"Where? Where are you sending them across? Tell me!" Gold demanded.

"Stop it! You're going to kill him." David argued as he pulled Gold off the other guy.

"You've been down in the mines. The tunnels--- they head out of town." David told everyone after he inspected the guy's hand.

I followed everyone as they headed into the mines I made sure that I was hidden because nobody can see me just yet. I watched as Gold used magic to pull Belle back to us.

"That is seriously... Wow." Ruby said amazed.

"Belle, are you alright?" Gold asked as he helped Belle out of the mine cart.

"Yeah. I, uh... I think so." Belle said still in shock.

"You remember who I am?" Gold questioned.

"I do, Rumpelstiltskin. I... I remember." Belle said.

Gold hugged Belle, but she didn't return it.

"Belle, what's wrong?" Gold asked.

"Thank you for what you just did, but that doesn't change that you're too cowardly to be honest with me." Belle told Gold.

"Well, Belle, that's just..." Gold started to say.

"I tried to tell them that, Belle. Come with me, darling." Belle's father said while cutting Gold off.

"After what you just tried to do to me? You're no better, Father. You don't get to decide what I do or how I feel. I do. If either of you cared about me you would've listened. I don't want to see either of you again. Ever." Belle told them as she walked off.

I was very proud of her and glad that she wasn't letting anyone walk all over her. I was also happy that she was reopening the library. Maybe she'll be the reason that some people turn their lives around. I hope that Emma, Hazelle, and Mary-Margaret are safe, and I hope that my friends are watching over them.