Chapter 3

The sun beams into the room as Anne wakes up. She walks over to the window to look at the gardens. There her little princess is, playing with her friends.

She adjusts her french hood, walking out and down the stairs.

"Lady Anne, Good Morning" Wyatt says pleasantly and bows. He walks me out to the garden

"She might not recognise you or believe it".

 "But she must, she is my daughter". 

He continues until they are at a bench and sitting down. A flash of reddish-gold hair flies by. Wyatt smiles "Lady Elizabeth, come and talk with me"

Elizabeth spins around and smiles. "It has been a long time since I have seen you, Thomas Wyatt and who is this?".

"That is what we have to talk about". 

Elizabeth sits on bench between the two and has a confused look on her face. 

"Do you recognise this lady at all" Thomas asks. 

"No, sorry I don't"

"Well, she is your...".

 "Cousin, long lost cousin" Anne says quickly. Thomas looks at her with a frown

"Yes your... cousin". 

Elizabeth smiles at the both of us "May I go and play with my friends". Thomas nods and she runs off.

...

Anne arrives at her room and the maids are packing up stuff and cleaning the room. She starts to speak but a maid interrupts. 

"Lady Grelane, Master Wyatt is commanded to return to court by His Majesty's orders and you are to return as well".

A few hours later we are on the road back to Hampton Court Palace. 

"How did it feel" Thomas Wyatt says. 

"How do what feel" .

"The sword".

"Didn't feel anything really, I was too hurt by Henry's betrayal".

...

2 days later and both of them are back at Hampton Court Palace and she has be attending the queen with the other ladies. Cromwell made a excuse for why they were away.

Anne walks into the Queen's rooms and pick up some sewing materials. The queen glances at her and then reads the bible. 

"His Majesty, The King" A lord announces and the ladies all stand and curtsy. He walks to the queen and glances at to the side at Anne for a few seconds. 

"May I walk you in, My Queen".

"Yes, Your Majesty you may".

They walk out together with lords and ladies following behind and enter the Great Hall. 

The Boleyn woman eats little morsels of this and that as the other ladies do. 

Suddenly the music starts. All the ladies wait for lords and men to come and choose them. Thomas Wyatt, chooses Anne and leads to the front of the dance line which is right in front of the King and Queen. Anne's heart starts beating fast but Wyatt smiles and assures her its all okay.

The dancing couples first dance a pavane, and then other dances and end with a galliard. The music stops and the King stands up. His face is filled with shock and sadness. 

"My queen, I must retire for the night" He says and kisses Jane's hand. As he walks out, he looks at Anne again. 

The queen asks Lady Rochford to take her back to her chambers and tells the other ladies to retire including Anne. 

"Thank you, Your Majesty"

After turning a corner on her way to her chambers, someone grabs her.Bringing her into a dark room lit with only one candle. Suddenly, the light flickers on the man and it is the King. She goes to curtsy but he grabs her by the waist and kisses Anne.

"I know who you are now" He says and hands her something

"We must talk but not now"He says quietly and walks out but before closing the door he mutters three words "I love you" quietly probably hoping I wouldn't hear them but I did.

In her hands was a pearl necklace with a B in the centre dangling from the pearls.