Chapter 18

"Your Majesty, Lady Mary Boleyn and Lady Anne Grelane".

Before they even look at the King, the two both curtsy for a couple moments before rising . "Welcome" Henry greets from his throne. "We invite you to stay at court".

With that, the little meeting is over, he has other things to attend to like business, council meetings and his own activities. A man grins at the two ladies, leading the way out and to their prepared rooms "His Majesty thought you would appreciate these rooms".

"Thank you"

The Boleyn sisters both walk into the rooms, into a sitting room where there are chairs and a fireplace. Adjoining to this room is two bedrooms, both wooded and with medium sized beds. In another room, there is another fireplace but this room is for bathing, a bath placed in the corner of the room

"Better than I expected"

"Lady Anne" A maid curtseys, holding their belongings.

"Would you place them over there please?".

"Isn't this beautiful?" Anne says in awe, looking down at the garden.

Mary joins her, looking out with a grin on her face "I feel like we never truly noticed what was around us. Our minds were filled with dresses, flirting and trying to gain attention from men".

"We were taught that we needed to marry and find someone with a title".

"Yes, I remember all the times at court and different castles when we would walk in and dance, making the men look upon us with wonder and desire".

"I always thought you enjoyed the attention? Did you not?".

"It was nice for the time but then their attention dwindled, focusing on other things like business or other ladies that gained their attention".

-

A maid comes to my room, picking out a gown for Anne to wear. Her hands roam across the dresses, feeling the soft fabrics. There are a couple of them that she has picked out, one deep green with white detailing, one light blue with white lacing and one a pale pink colour with a white skirt and bodice.

The deep green with white detailing would be a symbol, or secret message to Henry that Anne support him and the Tudor line, the light red with white lacing would be enchanting but the other gown with the pale blue colour is somewhat simple and honest. The third dress is picked.

She nods, carefully picking it up and laying it on the bed so she can start to put the pieces on separately. Mary comes back in, dressed in a lovely mint coloured gown.

"You look wonderful"

"As do you but we have to go now". 

The doors open, inviting them and other guests into the room where the tables have be decorated. Everything looks grand and majestic.

Musicians play from the side of the room, sending a joyous feeling to all,  to hear the music that was played all through their life. Mary and Anne are seated on one of the tables on the right side. The King is already there, seated on his throne chair, looking upon his people.

After a few moments, the meals and dishes are brought out. Firstly serving the King and other royals along with favoured guests and then sent around before being placed in front of the ladies and other people.

"Lady Anne, would you care to dance?".

Thomas Wyatt stands before Anne, a smile on his face whilst looking at her.

"Yes, Thomas, I would love to dance". 

He comes around to take her hand and lead to the floor, waiting for the music to start. As they dance, he tells her of any new information 

"His Majesty has been in discussions with the council who are presenting woman for him to marry".

"I thought there would have been by now, have you heard of who they have put forward?".

"I have heard that the preferred one is Anne of Cleves".