Chapter 11

"Anne!?"

Anne's eyes slowly open as she hears footsteps coming into the room. 

"Dinner is ready. I will meet you downstairs"

They all eat dinner before sitting by the fire and talking about life.

"What will you do, Anne?" 

"I don't know, stay in the country?".

"Thank you"

"For what?". 

"For the money you sent me in secret when father banished me from court". 

"I'm just glad, father did not find out or our uncle". 

"Mistress, your husband wants you to join him in your chamber". 

"Goodnight Sister".

The maid swiftly drops a note on the table beside Anne, who unfolds it and reads it.

Dear my darling Anne

The time has come for me to marry again. Cromwell has suggested some suitors but my mind rests on you. I dream of you, think of you often and hope you feel the same.

Sent with love and passion
Henry

She takes a gulp of wine and walks over to the fireplace. The fire crackles as Anne throws the letter into it, watching as it burns. As it turns to ash, she finishes her drink and heads up to her chambers. 

"Lady Anne. You have a note from Elizabeth". 

Dear Mother

I am sorry that I haven't visited you but my governess said it was unsafe. I wanted to write to you to show that I miss you and love you. I would very much like to visit Hever to see where you and Aunt Mary grew up. His Majesty has not written to me in a few months but I write to him often. I am progessing with my studies and wonder if you had any books that you read as a child. My sister, Mary is going to court in three months but Cromwell said not to join her.

Love Elizabeth, your daughter

She kisses the letter, putting it on the table next to the bed. Then walks over to the window to look at the sky but something happening near the bridge that distracts her. There seems to be guards that are marching up to the castle.

A maid screams, rushing out into the hallway. 

"Mary!?"

"Mistress"

"Yes?"

The maid turns her head away as a heavy object is thrown at Anne's head. She falls to the ground, crawling to the stairs. Her head is thumping and she can't move quick enough. Bang. Everything goes black