Chapter 16

Mary's arms wrap around Anne, embracing her. 

"Oh I have missed you Anne".

"Are you coming to court with me?".

Mary nods with a smile "Yes, we shall be there tomorrow sometime".

"Have you spoken to father?".

"He rarely writes to me, I think he still hates that I married William".

"It was strange to him and also we had to perfect our reputation. I was always happy for you my dear sister no matter who you married, I only wanted you to be happy".

"I remember the day that I came to you, with my belly round, your face lit up with excitement but as soon as father walked in and you both found out who I married. Fathers look turned stern and you followed".

"Yes I quite remember that day"

 "What is it?"

"Lets go to the river".

"The river?"

"Anne! The one we went to as children when we traveled around, we can ask someone to take us there for a small time before court"

A maid smiles when she overhears, opening the door to the carriage, allowing them to  hop into it. "We have to live our lives to the fullest, we never know what may happen".

"God bless you, my sister" 

The carriage ride from  there is quite rocky and dirty but they eventually find the spot where we used to swim in the river, clear beautiful water, flowing along the land with different kinds of trees across the water edge. Swaying the the wind, the branches of the trees show off colourful leaves which occasionally fall down, softly landing on the ground.

Mary bounds out, excitedly with a smile with Anne following behind, careful to not fall into the water. 

"Let go, be free Anne". 

Mary twirls around, letting her hair fly free in the wind, her feet sprinting across the land. "Woooo" She screams, peacefully out to the quietness of the day.

Mary leaps into the clear water and splashes the water up at her sister. "Come in".

Anne kicks off her decorative shoes swiftly, pulling off the french hood, throwing it to the side which a maid hurries to catch it but it lands before she can. Giggles erupt from both the sisters. Anne takes a deep breath before walking to the waters edge and jumping in. 

"Is it not wonderful?'".

'Yes it is truly magnificent"