Chapter 6

Along the path, down to the crowds, up the stairs and onto the scaffold.

Anne open her eyes and look at the rose. It is beautiful, deep blood red colour in a white detail vase. Chatter comes through the window up from the gardens so she walks over to the window, listening to the conversation. 

"Your Majesty, What are you going to do if the child is not a boy?"Cromwell asks carefully. The king looks at him

"It is a boy, Cromwell". The king walks away and Cromwell looks up at the window, nods to acknowledge Anne before walking away which cause her to close the window.

Anne dresses and heads to the Queen's chambers "Your Majesty"She says with a curtsey. 

"Lady Grelane"

Lady Rochford walks over "Her Majesty has requested that you and I stay with her until the birth". Anne nods, sitting down with the other ladies, listening to the chatter of them as the Queen reads her bible.

...

The midwife says that Jane will give birth soon. All day, she reads her bible and prays in her private chapel. Anne remembers waiting for her child to come into the world. She was pushing and pushing, afraid of dying. When she pushed Elizabeth out, they all looked around in fear and were too scared to say anything. Some even laughed. My sister knelt beside the bed with the child in her arms and quietly told Anne that she had delivered a healthy baby girl.

Even though, She had wanted a boy. Seeing her wonderful child made her so happy. As soon as she hear those footsteps, Anne's smile faded, her hands started shaking. He looked at his queen with disappoint in his eyes. 

"Don't" is what he said. After that, he walked out. All the ladies were silent, Anne's father and mother walked away in shame. Mary was by her sisters side, trying to comfort her.

The days go on, sewing, praying and preparing. Lady Mary is constantly by the Queen's side, praying and holding her rosary.

At night, there is a groaning sound causing Anne to rush to the bed and see  Lady Mary looking worried 

"Is it coming?" She asks.

Anne nods and wakes up the other ladies while Lady Rochford tells someone to deliver the news to the King.

"Lady Rochford, get my brother, Edward to tell the King". Lady Rochford obliges "Yes, Your Majesty".

All through the night, the queen is groaning and screaming. Sweat is dripping from her forehead. "Push, Your Majesty" The midwife says. 

The Queen pushes and screams out in agony. One of the ladies falls to the ground crying and Anne helps her up and takes her to the other room.

" I'm...I'm sorry"She whispers while she sits her down. "I'm scared because what if she dies, or if she delivers a girl?". 

"She cannot give up hope" 

"Lady Grelane, did you know Queen Anne Boleyn?".

"No... I didn't, why?"I reply nervously.

"She inspires me, even when faced with the scaffold, she was brave". 

Anne nods politely, hiding her smile as she makes her way back to the Queen.

"Ahhhhhh".

 She is still pushing with Lady Mary beside her praying. Lady Rochford pulls me away

"The queen's brother told me, the King is waiting anxiously for his son".

Surgeons  come in with a case. The queen nervously looks at the case and closes her eyes. Lady Rochford fans the queens face as the other ladies pray, Anne makes her way over to the surgeons, watching as they open the case which is full of sharp tools.