Chapter 4

Days go by, and the court moves to Whitehall Palace.

Lady Rochford told Anne that the queen is pregnant and has convinced the King to  reunite with Mary and Elizabeth. Cromwell said he would try to talk with Elizabeth and explain everything.

Even though, Anne is  saddened that she couldn't give the King a son, She has hope that Jane will because she doesn't want another woman to be beheaded. The sun goes down as she hears someone coming down the corridor. 

"Anne!" 

She looks around and sees her sister Mary. She runs towards her and they hug.

"How did you know?". 

"Father, and I promise I will not tell a soul". Mary smile

."I am staying with you and we can be the two Boleyn sisters again"

"Alone I can be Boleyn but with people around, I have to be Grelane". Mary nods and they both go into the Queens chambers.

"Lady Stafford and Lady Grelane, could you go tell the King, I am too tired to go to the Hall. We both curtsy and walk out to go to the Kings chamber. After a few corridors and the audience room, we are at the Kings door.

"We can do this, Anne"

The door opens "Lady Mary Stafford and Lady Anne Grelane". 

 The two of them curtsy and the King looks at us and nods which signals us to rise. 

"Your Majesty, the queen is feeling unwell"

"Thank you, Mary and Anne". 

...

"ANNE! Elizabeth is here"Mary shouts. She helps Anne dress and  brushes her hair.

There is a big ceremony in the throne room. First, Lady Mary walks down and curtseys. Her hands are shaking. The King gets up, grabs her hands and kisses her cheek.

"Welcome Mary". Lady Mary smiles and goes to talk with the queen.

Next,  Elizabeth walks up to where the King is. Henry looks at her and glances at towards Anne. He smiles, and holds her hand leading her to the throne. Lady Mary stands beside the Queen and Elizabeth is sat on the Kings lap. Everyone goes back to talking with each other. 

Cromwell walks over to Anne. "The king spoke to me and he says he wants to tell Elizabeth"He bows and walks away to talk with a nobleman. The King gets up and music starts, he dances with Mary and Elizabeth dances with Thomas Wyatt.

Anne sneaks away to the library to read a book that I used to read all the time. She sits in a corner window chair. A few hours pass until she hears someone slip in, humming a tune.

"Moth...mother" A voice whispers. 

Anne turns around to see Elizabeth. The book falls from her hand and she rushes to hug her. She takes a step back "Is it really you?". Anne reaches into a side pocket in her gown and hands something to her.

"The Boleyn necklace". She touches the pearls on the necklace. Elizabeth looks at Anne, then smiles. After smiling, she bursts into tears and hugs her mother again.

"Can we go to Hever? I want to see where you grew up".

"The king might not allow that". She nods and sits on the window chair.

After talking for a while, Elizabeth falls asleep in her arms.