Chapter 13

Over the next few days, Wyatt tells Anne what is going on at court and they go out riding through the forest attached to the small stone castle.

Apparently the King is in his room not talking to anyone not even any of the council and at night, everyone in the castle hears his sorrowful wailing. Sobbing whilst calling out for Jane and falling into a depressed state. 

Her little son is kept away, in a nursery with nurses and guards looking after the young prince. Wyatt says that he was not allowed in to see the boy but heard that the walls are cleaned with soap twice everyday so Edward does not become sick and pass away leaving only girls to inherit the kingdom and the throne. 

Lord Norfolk has found out that she is alive and says that somehow she would be able to amuse the King but Anne sends a reply, declining his offer.

Dear Lord Norfolk, uncle

I am surprised that you would ever send a letter to me but astonished that you would, once again try to lure me back to His Majesty, the king. I still remember you at the trial looking at the judges waiting for them to call out, which would condemn myself and many others including your nephew. Listen to my words and do not say another thing about marriage or His Majesty, the king.

I won't be told who to marry or who to entertain by anyone

I am not yours to command.

I won't be a moth drawn to the flame and burnt ever again

Anne Boleyn

A light shines in, shining on the small portrait of my daughter Elizabeth that Anne had ordered to be made way before she was arrested. "Ma douce princesse deviendra une reine magnifique"

If only Henry saw what she sees in their daughter then maybe he would pay more attention to her but it appears, her brown Boleyn eyes reminds him of Anne, forever haunting him.

She is well educated, well mannered and strong, no matter what has happened or what will happen. Elizabeth will fight and stay strong throughout.

"Lady Anne? Your father is here"