Chapter 14

The portcullis slams down heavily making a loud noise, horses ride in and the riders jump down.

A maid hurries to dress her to meet her father, dresses were sent ahead from him probably in apology but she has some words to say to him.

"Margaret, could you pull the strings please?"

The strings are pulled tight around her, each earning a wince. "What did my father send?".

"He said that he gives you this dress in love and apology".

"Hm"

Her eyes scan over the gown, looking at every detail. It is a wonderful deep red with night black lace lining the sleeves and bodice. On the back, there is a faint outline of a falcon reflecting my symbol but without the crown.

"He seems to be very sorry, m'lady"

"Indeed he does". She slips a underlinen shirt on before another layer. The bodice is then put on Anne's slim body. Margaret slips the gown onto her before attaching the sleeves, taking her time to make it perfect.

Another person comes through, carrying a matching hood to the dress for her to wear. She slips on the hood, attaching it to her head so it stays and does not fall.

The gown compliments Anne's figure  

"One more thing".

Anne's precious B necklace with pearl droplets hanging from the letter, elegant and sophisticated.

The necklace is placed around her neck, cold against the skin. Margaret closes the clasp, admiring her work while Anne looks into the mirror admiring myself.

Her deep brown Boleyn eyes burning into those who defy her, strong and passionate. The small but slender neck which was once cut through wiht not just a sword but betrayal and lies.

Cascading around her face and down her neck is dark brunette hair which makes her stand out from the usual blonde hair and blue eyes that are seen in the court.

"Your father is waiting in the library".

She lets out a deep breath before walking out of the door, down to the library. It is filled with thousands of books filled with history and poems.

"I am sorry...I am so so sorry".

"Father. I forgive you".

"But I-".

"No no don't bring it up, father I know and you know that you did not help me but after all this you are still my family, showing me love and affection".

 "You know what my last thoughts memories were...they were of you and I. At Hever, running around and you playfully chasing and catching me when I was young".

"I miss those simple days. But all we have is memories and the future".

"Focus on the future then father, for we only go forward".

"Yes we shall".

"I love you father".

"I love you, Anne".