Chapter 5

The wind blows in the open window and  Elizabeths starts to wake up. "Elizabeth?" 

"Yes?". 

"You will have to go back to your chambers". Anne closes the window as she strolls out of the room. 

The sun is starting to rise and she walks out into the corridor. Walking around the castle. Past the kitchens, past the chapel where Lady Mary is praying and along to her chamber. The Duke of Suffolk walks past

"Your Grace"

"The king told me you were back" He says and continues to walk away.

The door opens to the chambers and Mary smiles "Was that the Duke of Suffolk?". 

Anne nods, heading into the room, laying on the bed before drifting into a deep sleep.

...

Hours later and Anne is awake, sewing in the Queen's room. Mary Boleyn smiles at the queen and Lady Mary. 

"Thank you, Your Majesty for convincing the King to accept me back into his good graces"Lady Mary says to the queen. Queen Jane nods and hands Mary a rosary " A gift for a beautiful princess, I also have a book for your sister". 

The queen and all of the ladies follow her to the chapel, spending the next hour praying. After the chapel, The Queen is to go with the King to an Astrologer.

The Queen comes back with a smile on her face "The prediction is a boy! His Majesty was very happy". The queen dismisses Anne and Mary Boleyn

"Anne, I have to visit my husband and I am leaving tonight so I have to pack now". They hug each other before Mary runs off to pack for her journey.

The hours go by and as Anne is walking through a corridor to get to her chambers. A noise comes from behind her.

"Have you heard the news, Anne?". 

"I have, Your Majesty". 

"I am to have a son!" Henry looks in her eyes " If only you were capable to do that"

 Your Majesty, maybe I could have given you a son if you weren't so hasty with having my head cut off" Anne replies and walks away. 

"Anne" He says as she walks away but she does not turn back.

...

5 months later

The Queen is going into confinement which makes the King anxious and bored. Anne walks into the room passing a guard at the door. It is very dark and the only source of light is a small curtain pulled apart slightly. The queen lays in her bed praying, holding on to her bible and rosary with Lady Mary beside her. Lady Rochford is sewing something by the fire and Anne decides to join her.

"Lady Grelane, is confinement not tedious? All dark and stuffy, barely any light to see anything"

The two join the other ladies in their praying before saying goodnight to the queen. Lady Rochford and another lady sleep on a bed pallet near the queens bed. Anne walks down the corridor and down the stairs to her chambers.

As she opens the door, Elizabeth smiles at her. 

"Mother" She says happily "I wanted to come see you before I go back to Hatfield in a few days".

There are footsteps in the distance. "Mother?"

"Yes?". 

"I'm sorry for not being a boy". 

"Elizabeth, I would rather have you, a beautiful strong princess than any son."

She hugs her mother and heads back to her chambers.

A maid stops by Anne "Lady Grelane, A gift was delievered and it is on your bed"

"Thank you". 

Anne closes the door and checks her bed. On there is a blue detailed box with patterns and small jewels. Inside the box is a single red rose.