「 二十二 」

Literally sCREAMING. No. 71 in Fanfiction?? I am GONE. GONE.

...

...

... so here's a present from me to you (one more coming your way soon).

Also:

This fan art of Yohime by @miseri is actually the best??

Y'all spoil me.

EXTRA LONG CHAPPIE COMING YOUR WAYYY

---

「 二十二 」 Reunions

Kise had been rather skittish around Yohime since his sudden realization. He had ended up checking his phone like crazy, just in case she called or texted him, and even studied (tried to) to pull his grades up and 'impress Nijicchi'. Though, a week after the match against Tōō, his phone remained silent with him not getting a single message from the one he wanted one from. Even today on the first day back to school, Yohime had been incredibly busy, not even getting a chance to speak more than three sentences to him before whisking away.

Therefore, Kise decided to take matters into his own hands. Lying flat on his belly on his bed, he bit his lip nervously as he dialed her number. Heart hammering erratically in his chest, he suddenly was confronted by doubts and negative thoughts: ' What if she's busy?! ', ' What if I annoy her? ', ' Do I always annoy her?! ', ' I do! Oh my god! '. He was just about to press the little red end call button when a placid voice was heard done the line.

" Kise? What do you want? " Kise felt himself sweating bullets.

" H-Hey... Is that the way to greet me, Nijicchi? " He asked in a shaky voice.

Yohime was as savage as ever. " Fine. Hi, Kise. How are you. Now, what? "

" I was.. I was just wondering what you were up to. " Kise could've smacked himself in the face (not even could've, he actually did, albeit silently). " I didn't have a chance to really talk to you today...! "

" Oh... " Yohime hesitated on the other end. " I just got back from Tokyo. I went to visit my brother.... He studies up there. " The model frowned, not that she could see him.

" I... I didn't know you had a brother. " Kise murmured softly.

There was a pause of silence between the first years, with Kise feeling a little more than a tad sorry for himself, and with Yohime in an unreadable quiet contemplation. And then...

" Are you free this weekend? " The manageress asked.

" Hm? " Kise perked up at the question. If he was a golden retriever (as he was in her mind's eye) his ears would have perked up and eyes shined. " Yeah, I am.... Why? "