two

Kimberly's POV

"I'm gonna try to be as low key as possible when I tell you this," I say, "but I'm doing the end of the year project with Chris."

Tiffany screams so loud that I'm pretty the whole world can hear it.

"Are you excited?" She asks.

"More like scared," I say.

"Why would you be scared of him?"

"I'm not scared of him," I say, "I'm scared that I'll fail cause I'm not focused, I'm scared of his rude girlfriend, I'm scared that I'm gonna blow our cover."

"Don't worry about that, I already blew it."

"What?!"

She tells me the story about when she bumped into Justin and then started blushing and panicking. Instead of being worried, I laugh at her.

"Oh by the way," Tiffany says, "are you going to Ria's birthday dinner next week?"

"I can't, I'm going to have a recital that day," I reply.

"I'm gonna be all alone, thanks," she says with a bright sarcastic smile.

**the next day**

Okay, so today I'm supposed to meet Chris in the library for office hours. I need to compose myself together so I don't panic in front of him. I walk into the library and sit down at a table. I save a seat for him and wait.

A few minutes pass and i start getting impatient, so I walk to the fictional book section and look around. Then I see Chris walk in and I walk over to the seat I saved.

"Oh hi," he says.

"Hey uh I have a few ideas for our project," I say.

I tell him my plan for our project and the dates we are set to meet. I actually don't panic or palpitate this time.

"That sounds great," he says, "Are we meeting at your house or my house?"

"Eh, whichever is fine," I say.

"Let's meet at my house."

"Ok," I say.

I stand up and turn around, then he suddenly grabs my arm. Okay now my heart starts beating like crazy. I can't believe that he's even touching me right now. What is life? I am going to die happily now, after I throw myself off a bridge.

"Wait," he says, "you left your phone."

I turn around. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry."

He hands me my phone and looks at the screen. "Hey you like Shawn Mendez? Me too."

"Really?" I ask with surprise.

"You think it's weird?"

"No I think it's cool," I reply, "You shouldn't care what people think of your music taste."

He laughs. "My girlfriend thinks it weird for me to like the same songs she does."

"That's weird."

The bell rings and everyone starts walking out of the library.

"See you in physics!" He says as he waves goodbye.

Then he walks away and becomes a little dot in the crowd. These past few days seem like a blur. I don't even understand what's going on. I feel like everything just happens out of nowhere and I am suddenly doing a project with the boy I've liked since freshman year and I'm trying to keep my cool but everything seems so unreal.

***

Tiffany's POV

I arrive at the restaurant for Ria's birthday dinner. I'm pretty late, as usual. Okay I'm just going to go in, greet her, eat some food, and then leave casually. Great plan. I walk over to Ria and hug her.

"Happy birthday!" I say.

"Thanks for coming! I don't think there's any more space, but you can pull up a chair next to Kaylin," she says.

"Oh no problem, thanks!" I say.

I walk over to the other side of the table and grab a chair from one of the other tables. I drag it over to our table and sit down. Luckily, I'm pretty acquainted with Kaylin.

"Hey Kaylin," I say.

"Oh hey Tiffany," she says.

"Tiffany? I didn't know you were coming," a person to my left says.

I turn around and see no one else but Justin. I didn't know he would be here either!!

"Oh I didn't know you would be here either," I say.

Wait up, I didn't even know he knew my name. I'm about to cry tears of joy right now. It's such a beautiful day. Beautiful night. I turn around to talk to Kaylin, but she's talking to another person who I don't know. I turn around awkwardly and look up at the ceiling.

"It's getting a little awkward for me too," Justin says.

"Woah I didn't know you could read minds," I say.

He laughs. "I could just tell. My friends didn't come cause they had other plans."

"Same! I don't know very many people here."

"It's okay, I do but I don't really talk to them and my friends are sitting on the other side of the table."

"Oh, I see."

Then my phone rings. I get an alert from the walking dead Twitter account about the next episode.

"You watch the walking dead?" Justin asks.

"Yeah, It's pretty much my life," I say.

"That's cool, maybe I should watch it to see what the hype is all about."

"You really should. Well, what do you like to watch?"

"I like crime scene stuff like CSI and I also like Greys Anatomy like everyone else in this world."

"I've never watched it," I say.

"Oh my gosh, really? You need to." He says.

"Well I don't have Netflix cause I'm cheap and I don't know what channel it plays on."

"Okay I'll just take a picture of the channel when I watch it and send you a pic. Here, why don't I just add you on snapchat?"

He pulls out his phone and puts his snap code of the screen.

"Oh," I say.

I pull out my phone and we exchange snapcodes and before I know it, we're friends on snapchat. We talk a little more about our interests and I show him my Spotify playlist that I take a lot of pride in. Turns out he likes my music and thinks it's cool. After the dinner is served, I stand up to use the restroom. When I get to the restroom, I just walk in a stall and stand there for a few minutes. I don't have any words to describe how I feel right now except for happy. I'm just really happy and I feel like butterflies are fluttering in my stomach, like back in middle school.