fifteen

Tiffany's POV

My alarm rings and wakes me up. It's 9:00. I jump out of bed and eat breakfast really quickly. Then I change into the outfit I picked out last night. It's a new dress that I haven't worn yet. Then I brush my teeth and fix my hair. After putting it up then half up half down, I realize it's best if I just leave it the way it is. I put some makeup on then grab my things and go. I take the bus since it's close by. When I arrive at the pier, I see Justin waiting by the front for me.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey," he says, "So what do you wanna do?"

"Let's go on some rides first!" I say.

"Which one?"

"Rollercoaster!" I say.

"I don't like that one," he says.

"Really? It's okay, we don't have to go," I say and put my head down, looking sad.

"You know what? I'll just try it," he says.

I smile and we run to the roller coaster. Once we get on, I start screaming my head off and at first Justin seems bored but then he starts having fun too. After the ride, we go to get ice cream.

"Can we go to the ride that goes up and down?" I ask.

"That one makes me wanna throw up," Justin says.

"Okay, if you don't like it we can go somewhere else," I say is a sad tone.

"I mean it's been a long time since I've been here, so maybe I'll like it," he says.

We run to the ride and hop on. As it goes up, Justin grabs my hand and tries to stay as calm as possible. We scream as we go down. Then we get off and he sits down for a while.

"Do you wanna go on another ride?" He asks.

"No, I'm good," I say.

Then I see people walking out of a shop with cute hats and I take him with me to the shop. It's filled with all kinds of character stuff, like hats and headbands. I look through the shop until I find one I like and finally pick one out. I choose a korilakkuma hat and put it on. Then I turn around and see Justin trying on the brown rilakkuma hat.

"That's so cute, you should buy it!" I say.

"No I look like a kid," he says.

"Oh okay," I say and start to take off my hat.

"But if it really does look good, then I guess.." he says.

We buy the hats and then head outside to eat lunch. After lunch, we go on the ferris wheel. I start screaming and panicking on the ferris wheel as it goes up.

"Why are you so scared of this ride but not the others?" Justin asks.

"This one doesn't have a seatbelt!" I say.

Then suddenly the ride stops an shakes. I hold onto the pole at the same time that Justin does and our hands accidentally touch. I let go quickly and hold onto my seat. I look at the view from up here and try to relax. This reminds of when I was going up the ski lift.

"Why are you so quiet?" Justin asks.

"Cause I'm trying to relax so I don't pass out," I say.

Until we reach the ground again, Justin and I look at the ocean and play I spy. When we get off the ride, we walk along the pier. I start thinking of something that makes me sad, and I can tell that Justin notices cause I keep walking quietly while I look at the floor.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"What's wrong?"

"Have you ever had a friend who ignored you for no reason? Then one day they don't even consider you their friend, they don't even look at you."

"I know where to go," he says.

"What?"

We walk off the pier and make our way down to the beach. He leads me to the very end of the beach, where we climb up the big rocks and sit down on them.

"Scream it out," he says.

"What?" I say.

"No one can hear you from here cause the waves hit hardest here."

I take a deep breath and then start screaming. He joins in on the shouting and we both face the ocean. We scream our lungs out until we get tired. I turn around, and a tear suddenly falls from my face. I start crying out of nowhere and Justin looks at me. He hugs me tight and I feel like crying even more. It's that feeling when you fail a test and you want to cry and when your friends try to comfort you, you get even more sad cause you realize how much this actually mattered. That's how I feel.

"It's okay, Tiffany," Justin says.

We walk back to the pier and Justin drops me off home. I feel empty inside even though I had such a great day. This feeling doesn't seem to go away very easily, but I will try. I get in bed and sleep, trying not to be too sad.