six

Tiffany's POV

I grab my bags from the house and head outside. Today is the day we are driving to Lake Tahoe to go on a skiing trip. We're staying there for one week. My mom, dad, brother, and sister are coming as well as a friends of our family. I load the bags into the back of the car, then get ready to go in. Then I look for my phone in my pocket and realize I forgot it in the house.

"I'm gonna get my phone!" I say.

I run into the house and grab my phone really quickly before we leave. Then I see some people standing outside the van. They are probably the family friends.

"Hi! Nice to meet you,"I say.

"Oh you must be the eldest, Tiffany," the woman says, "I'm Sarah and this is my husband John."

"You must know our son, then," John says.

"Who?" I ask.

"He's in the car, you should get to know him," Sarah says.

"Okay," I say with a smile.

I walk into the car and my eyes widen. I am as surprised as a child seeing something for the first time. I can't believe what is in front of me right now. I see Joey sitting in the back seat of the van. My brother and sister are sitting in the two front seats and there's only one seat left. I swallow my pride and sit down next to Joey.

"Hi," I say.

He turns around and looks at me with that expressionless face and those headphones tucked behind his ears. He seems so bored, even more than me. He nods and puts his headphones in his ears. So much for getting know him.

***

Joey's POV

It's been two hours since we started driving, and they keep saying we are an hour away. I wonder when we will actually be an hour away. I shouldn't be here. I should be at home, chilling. Not here, in this van, with people I don't know. I can't believe my parents chose to bring their two seater car on this trip. Now I'm stuck in the back of the van with this loud girl next to me. She's been singing along to all the songs they played for the last two hours. She is finally quiet now, but only because she finally got tired and fell asleep. I can still hear her talk in her sleep. Then suddenly she turns to the side and her head falls on my shoulder. This girl is annoying, even in her sleep. I push her head back towards the window, along with her huge teddy bear.

Even after I pushed her to the wall, she still moves around in her sleep. I continue to push her towards the other side, but her head hits the side. I decide to put her big bear on the side and lean her against it so she doesn't move around anymore. This is going to be a long trip.

***

Tiffany's POV

As the car parks, I wake up on my bear and look out the window. There are candy canes decorating every tree and shop. The ground is covered in snow and the roofs are too. It definitely hasn't changed since last year. We unload the car and put our things on a lift to go up the mountain.

"You guys know where to go, right?" my dad asks.

"Yeah we can go ahead," I say.

"Okay, we'll just sign the papers so just get everything together in the house," he says.

I grab the keys to the house and put them in my pocket. Then I take out the bags from the car and carry them on my shoulders. I carry my mom's, dad's, and mine while my brother carries his own and my younger sister's. The bag starts weighing me down and I fall. Great, now the bags are covered in snow. Then suddenly one of the bags is taken away and i look up to see Joey carrying it. A tremendous amount of relief runs through my body cause I realized I don't have to carry it anymore. At least he was nice enough to carry one bad for me. I run to him with two bags on my shoulders.

"You don't have to carry them," I say.

"Yes I do," he replies and continues walking.

"Well thanks I guess," I say.

I run to the lift for the bags and drop them off. Then I hop on a ski lift with my sister and we go up to the house. It's been a year since the last time we were here and I can't believe how much has changed. The ski lifts are so much more advanced in technology. When we get to the top of the mountain, I grab my stuff, enter the house, and relax. My brother, my sister, and I pull out the game boards and play Monopoly. Then I see Joey walk into the living room and look at us. He looks sad and lonely here. I try to be as nice as possible when he comes in.

"Do you wanna play?" I ask.

"Nah," he says and walks to kitchen to grab a drink.

We continue playing and then watch a scary movie with the whole family. Joey doesn't even try to have fun, he just sits down and goes on his phone. I completely don't care anymore.